Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Chateau Frontenac Breakfast Buffet Worth Extra $78.18?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:08 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold

Right now I have two reservations at the Le Chateau Frontenac. The first reservation was booked directly through Fairmont for $917.97 USD and the second one via my Chase United Explorer Card's LHC website for $996.15 USD. The two prices are the total cost for 2 nights.

Both are similar rooms expect the directly booked has the river view, while the LHC one has no view.

Now, the LHC reservation includes breakfast buffet for 2 daily and 100 CAD in food and beverage credit per stay, a "welcome amenity" plus early and late checkin and an upgrade only if available.

Now, is the extra $78.18 USD worth the extras that I'm getting? How much is the breakfast buffet per person? Early and late checkout is of no use to our stay.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by seat38a
Right now I have two reservations at the Le Chateau Frontenac. The first reservation was booked directly through Fairmont for $917.97 USD and the second one via my Chase United Explorer Card's LHC website for $996.15 USD. The two prices are the total cost for 2 nights.

Both are similar rooms expect the directly booked has the river view, while the LHC one has no view.

Now, the LHC reservation includes breakfast buffet for 2 daily and 100 CAD in food and beverage credit per stay, a "welcome amenity" plus early and late checkin and an upgrade only if available.

Now, is the extra $78.18 USD worth the extras that I'm getting? How much is the breakfast buffet per person? Early and late checkout is of no use to our stay.

Looks like it is. The CDN$100 credit is worth US$75. Breakfast would easily cover the remaining $3. Question is whether you value the river view, which you might get anyway with the upgrade.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
We you planning to eat breakfast at the hotel? If you're there on a nice sunny, summer day, it may be more enjoyable to walk around and have breakfast at nice sidewalk café somewhere. If you prefer to eat breakfast at the hotel, and were also planning other meals there (by the way, the terrace at Bistro Le Sam is an excellent choice for dinner) to take advantage of the additional credit, I would think the Chase rate is the better option. If, however, you weren't planning to eat at the hotel anyway, and would be changing your plans just to use up the credit, then I'm not sure you're truly getting additional value out of that more expensive rate option.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allbrosca
Looks like it is. The CDN$100 credit is worth US$75. Breakfast would easily cover the remaining $3. Question is whether you value the river view, which you might get anyway with the upgrade.
I can't find what they charge for breakfast on their website. So its a matter of what costs less. Eating breakfast if I want to and paying for it vs having it included, but finding the price seems difficult.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by seat38a
I can't find what they charge for breakfast on their website.
http://www.fairmont.com/frontenac-qu...erin-ete-2017/
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Thanks for that! Looks like they fixed the link. It was 404 erroring out yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.