NEWS FLASH! Banff Springs C$399++ for summer!

Old Apr 18, 17, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Cool NEWS FLASH! Banff Springs C$399++ for summer!

Actually that's the CAA/AAA rate for a Fairmont Room; BAR is C$499++. Several dates in August are available, but AFAIK no Sat. nights. For some reason, it applies only to 2-night stays, such as Aug. 24--26, 28--30, or 30--Sep. 1. When I try a 3- or 4-nighter at the end of August, it reverts to C$699 BAR/ C$559 AAA!

This can be a so-totally-awesome deal when paid with discounted GCs &or combined with a 3rd Night Free award !

Last edited by Brendan; Apr 26, 17 at 8:26 pm
Old Apr 18, 17, 8:36 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Not only that, but it seems there are 1 Bedroom Suites available on many dates, so you could combine it with a Suite Upgrade.
Old Apr 18, 17, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Oh yeah, CanadaDH!
Old Apr 20, 17, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
rookie question

Any way to quickly search for dates?
Old Apr 20, 17, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

The dates I've listed in my OP are the only ones I've found--except for Aug. 31--Sep. 2, which has no ordinary Fairmont Rooms, only Fairmont View Rooms @ C$447 AAA. No quick way--we need to enter Aug. 1--3, 2--4, etc. Seems to be an end-of -summer special.
Old Apr 21, 17, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Sigh. Remember 5 years ago when they were doing F+F deals for $139/night. Those were the days.
Old Apr 21, 17, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Canuck, was that in summer??
Old Apr 24, 17, 11:39 am

Glad I saw this. I had an existing 4-night reservation for mid-September that I just re-booked as two 2-night reservations, which is ~300CAD cheaper than the 4-night version . Hopefully they can link them when we get there, but I'll change rooms to save that much $$ if I need to.
Old Apr 24, 17, 3:29 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by gkryhewy View Post
Glad I saw this. I had an existing 4-night reservation for mid-September that I just re-booked as two 2-night reservations, which is ~300CAD cheaper than the 4-night version . Hopefully they can link them when we get there, but I'll change rooms to save that much $$ if I need to.
Did you try calling the Fairmont reservations line to have them merge them into one booking? I've never had them refuse to do that. Whenever I've see rates that were cheaper as separate bookings on the website than one longer booking, they were always good about giving me those cheaper rates as a single reservation.
Old Apr 24, 17, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
Did you try calling the Fairmont reservations line to have them merge them into one booking? I've never had them refuse to do that. Whenever I've see rates that were cheaper as separate bookings on the website than one longer booking, they were always good about giving me those cheaper rates as a single reservation.
Yes, I did, and they did
Old Jul 14, 17, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

This rate is now available next weekend: In Fri. July 21, out Sun. July 23!

Search this Thread