Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont 3rd Night Free and Citi Prestige 4rth Night Free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

I know that the way to redeem the 3rd night free cert is to call. Is there any way to retroactively combine this with a reservation made with the Citi Prestige concierge for the 4rth night free?

I know making a new thread is discourage, but the only thing I could find with a search was a 2010 thread that mentioned that someone was able to add a third night free at checkin.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by weibelt
I know that the way to redeem the 3rd night free cert is to call. Is there any way to retroactively combine this with a reservation made with the Citi Prestige concierge for the 4rth night free?

I know making a new thread is discourage, but the only thing I could find with a search was a 2010 thread that mentioned that someone was able to add a third night free at checkin.
You can apply the 3rd night free cert anytime between making the booking and checking in (possibly also at check-in, but I wouldn't count on it)

Your bigger issue is with using the Citi Prestige benefit which requires actually paying for 4 nights. There were some reports here that one could combine both benefits, but there were also reports that Citi has been taking a closer look at the billed amount (i.e. ruling out this option).
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I have read about people stacking it successfully with 3rd night free benefits. I suggest trying it by booking the 4+ night stay through Citi Concierge and then calling Fairmont with the confirmation and try to apply the 3rd night free to the 3 nights you are paying for. Once you have confirmations on what you are paying from both , you should be good. I have never heard of Citi re-calculating anything after the fact. They give you an upfront calculated reservation showing you paying for 3 nights. What happens after that regarding benefits should not be their concern.

I have used the 4th night free a couple times but not with trying to stack it.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I will give i a try.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you combine a 3rd night free with a paid 1st night and a free 2nd night?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by acysb87
Can you combine a 3rd night free with a paid 1st night and a free 2nd night?
no.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I have never heard of Citi re-calculating anything after the fact. They give you an upfront calculated reservation showing you paying for 3 nights. What happens after that regarding benefits should not be their concern.

I have had Citi recalculate. IME they will actually check with the hotel on both the final bill amount and your check in/check out. If your actual final folio (not just your reservation) does not meet the requirements, they will not pay out.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Erasmus
I have had Citi recalculate. IME they will actually check with the hotel on both the final bill amount and your check in/check out. If your actual final folio (not just your reservation) does not meet the requirements, they will not pay out.
what requirements?
i haven't seen any reports of citi denying pay.. perhaps recalculating the rebate to be 1/4 of actual room rate total after any additional free night certs are applied...
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by azepine00
what requirements?
i haven't seen any reports of citi denying pay.. perhaps recalculating the rebate to be 1/4 of actual room rate total after any additional free night certs are applied...
The requirement that you actually pay for the first three nights of a four-night stay. Consider this a report of Citi denying pay.

Now, this did not involve a free night cert (nor was it at a Fairmont), but it certainly happened. And, FWIW, all of my 4th-night free stays have taken an inordinate amount of time to credit, ostensibly (according to the Citi agents when I call) because they are verifying the details of my stay with the property.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
I have read about people stacking it successfully with 3rd night free benefits. I suggest trying it by booking the 4+ night stay through Citi Concierge and then calling Fairmont with the confirmation and try to apply the 3rd night free to the 3 nights you are paying for. Once you have confirmations on what you are paying from both , you should be good. I have never heard of Citi re-calculating anything after the fact. They give you an upfront calculated reservation showing you paying for 3 nights. What happens after that regarding benefits should not be their concern.

I have a data point to share about stacking the Fairmont 3rd night free and Citi Prestige 4th night free. My husband booked a 4 night stay through Citi Concierge and then I called Fairmont to add my loyalty number and apply the 3rd night free (and suite upgrade). Upon checkout, we asked the front desk to add my husband's name to the folio and email a copy to me. My husband received an email a couple of weeks later from Citi denying the payout for the following reason-- "I am determining this stay as ineligible due to applying a Fairmont Complimentary Night Certificate for the third night.". He called Citi Concierge and informed the rep that the 3rd night free was not a complimentary night certificate but was a Fairmont promotion, Stay 3 nights, get 3rd night free. The rep said she would add notes to his case and asked that he reply to the denial email and attach a copy of the folio. He received the payout from Citi shortly after.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:26 am

I did this last July in Shanghai at the Peace Hotel. No problems at all. The Citi concierge complimented me on being able to find a 3rd night off while getting the 4th night paid for. The data point is in the thread for that hotel.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
What about a stay totaling 5 nights?? Book a B3G1 thru Citi, then ask Fairmont CS to add on the 5th night free at the end! Or if you have two B2G1's from Fairmont, book a B3G1 via Citi, then call Fairmont to use both cert.s for the 5th & 6th nights free, because as far as Fairmont is concerned, the first 4 nights are "revenue!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.