Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
It looks like you can buy Fairmont gift certificates again on lifeexperiences.ca. I wonder if you can still redeem gc bought thru Costco though.

http://www.lifeexperiences.ca/produc...5&product=2402
Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna take one for the team and try it
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:35 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Terms & Conditions say it's 10 certs maximum per stay. Was this condition also there before they removed Fairmont from Lifeexperiences in June?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by escape4
Terms & Conditions say it's 10 certs maximum per stay. Was this condition also there before they removed Fairmont from Lifeexperiences in June?
Yes. That condition was always there, although it wasn't always enforced by the hotels.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
It looks like you can buy Fairmont gift certificates again on lifeexperiences.ca.
Just in time! We have a stay in two weeks.

Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
If I am a Costco member in the US, can I shop at Costco.ca or at a Canada-based warehouse?
Yes.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Sep 19, 2017 at 10:36 pm
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
How fast can we get the actual life experience e certificates? I'm checking out of a Fairmont in 24 hours.

I see the costco ones are ecertifcates and say they will arrive in your inbox in 1-2 hrs but take 24-48 hrs to activate.

Are the life experience gift cards electronic too?

Am I cutting it too close or anyone have any experience in how fast they come?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
ordered one, it took about 12 hours for the costco code to become active for lifeexperiences.ca.

Don't order too many, so that they don't kill the deal for all of us
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
ordered one, it took about 12 hours for the costco code to become active for lifeexperiences.ca.

Don't order too many, so that they don't kill the deal for all of us
I'll only be ordering 4, are the life experience ones all emailed cert as well ?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coleworld
I'll only be ordering 4, are the life experience ones all emailed cert as well ?
Yes, they all arrive by e-mail. I've found that any purchase on the LifeExperiences.ca site processes very quickly. The only delay is the initial purchase of the generic certs through Costco, which seem to take a bit of time to become activated.

Although, I did have a mixup on my most recent purchase (several months ago), where only a few of them processed automatically, and customer service at LE took a couple of days to manually send me the missing certs. Hopefully they have sorted out those problems.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Yes, they all arrive by e-mail. I've found that any purchase on the LifeExperiences.ca site processes very quickly. The only delay is the initial purchase of the generic certs through Costco, which seem to take a bit of time to become activated.

Although, I did have a mixup on my most recent purchase (several months ago), where only a few of them processed automatically, and customer service at LE took a couple of days to manually send me the missing certs. Hopefully they have sorted out those problems.
thanks. I purchased and received my 4 x $100 LE ecerts from Costco and now just waiting to be activated to use on lifeexperience.ca

Hope it does within the next 18 hours before I checkout here at the Fairmont!

update: life experience activated my ecerts within about 14 hours!

Saved $100 on this stay!

Last edited by coleworld; Sep 21, 2017 at 7:45 am
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by coleworld
thanks. I purchased and received my 4 x $100 LE ecerts from Costco and now just waiting to be activated to use on lifeexperience.ca

Hope it does within the next 18 hours before I checkout here at the Fairmont!

update: life experience activated my ecerts within about 14 hours!

Saved $100 on this stay!
That's awesome, thanks for the update!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

I picked up another $1,000 of these, via Costco, for the grand total cost of $749.90, to use on my next stay (assuming the limit of 10 certs per stay is enforced).

Now the decision dilemma is, how many more to hold? It's a great deal, and if it disappears again, I'll wish I purchased enough for the next several trips. On the other hand, investing too much cash up front in the program makes me a bit nervous, in case the Fairmont/Accor merger somehow has the LifeExperiences partnership abruptly dissolved.

Decisions!

I'd feel better if I could get the hotel to redeem them now, and apply them as a deposit on my upcoming stays.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I picked up another $1,000 of these, via Costco, for the grand total cost of $749.90, to use on my next stay (assuming the limit of 10 certs per stay is enforced).

Now the decision dilemma is, how many more to hold? It's a great deal, and if it disappears again, I'll wish I purchased enough for the next several trips. On the other hand, investing too much cash up front in the program makes me a bit nervous, in case the Fairmont/Accor merger somehow has the LifeExperiences partnership abruptly dissolved.

Decisions!

I'd feel better if I could get the hotel to redeem them now, and apply them as a deposit on my upcoming stays.
While it's impossible to make any absolute statements, I'd be very surprised if Fairmont-branded GCs sold by Lifeexperience (or any other third party, for that matter) suddently became invalid.

I don't see the Fairmont brand going away, and regardless of what happens to the FPC program and what changes Accor imposes on Fairmont, I'd expect GCs to be honoured.

Most provinces have also enacted laws banning the expiration of gift cards, so I doubt Fairmont/Accor would want to open that can of worms.

Personally, I'd be 100% comfortable purchasing GCs for any stays during the next 12-18 months.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Everything
Unhappy

Decisions!

Darn. I'm ready to pounce and now Costco.ca is temporarily out of stock.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
Darn. I'm ready to pounce and now Costco.ca is temporarily out of stock.
That sucks! I can't find the item Costco.ca either. When I search directly by the part number from my last order, it just comes up as not found. So LE is back selling Fairmont certificates again, but without the Costco discount, there's not much point.

I know LE still has sales periodically throughout the year, sometimes as high as 20%. That would still be a great deal, but not quite like the Costco price. Maybe it was just too good to last.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:20 am
Original Poster

I've been checking the Costco.ca site each day, and as of this morning. the LE certificates are back again for the same price of $74.99 each.

I purchased another 10, and the purchase went through just fine and the certificates arrived by e-mail. Hopefully they'll be activated in the next day or so. I don't want to order any more than that until I complete the conversion to the Fairmont certificates on the LE site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.