Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% Discount on LifeExperiences.ca until Feb 13/17

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
They will cancel it.
And even if you are a Costco member, they will likely cancel the order. I think they require some sort of in-person verification before they will allow you to order online.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:29 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
And even if you are a Costco member, they will likely cancel the order. I think they require some sort of in-person verification before they will allow you to order online.
Ordered 10 certs yesterday on costco.ca and went through no problem, am a member but have never gone through any verification process.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:10 am

Can Costco life experiences certificates be combined with the 20% off promo code running on the lifeexperiences.ca website this week?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by kxs250
Can Costco life experiences certificates be combined with the 20% off promo code running on the lifeexperiences.ca website this week?
No. You can't buy LE certs and apply a discount code and pay for them with other certificates. You can either pay for your certs by credit card and use a discount code, or you can pay for your LE certs using other certs, but not both.
kxs250 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hhonors Diamond
Can I purchase the LE certs from Costco.ca if I have an American credit card? It seems to only allow Canadian billing addresses. I have a Costco membership.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Everything
Originally Posted by herokitty
Can I purchase the LE certs from Costco.ca if I have an American credit card? It seems to only allow Canadian billing addresses. I have a Costco membership.
Yes, I am in the US and I was able to order and redeem these Canadian certificates.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
Yes, I am in the US and I was able to order and redeem these Canadian certificates.
How did you check out with an American billing address? It didn't let me select a State.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by herokitty
How did you check out with an American billing address? It didn't let me select a State.
Ah, I remember that problem. I used that address of a Toronto-based cousin. The certs come by email so the address is just a placeholder. I neglected to tell my cousin I was borrowing her street address but I'm certain she never knew.

I call Costco Canada before placing the order and they confirmed that US Costco members were eligible to purchase through their website, so I knew I wasn't breaking the rules.

I wasn't able to get the 20% off discount when I bought my certs. Not sure if I did something wrong or not. I tried purchasing two more a few days later with the 20% off code but the order was cancelled. Didn't pursue it.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
Ah, I remember that problem. I used that address of a Toronto-based cousin. The certs come by email so the address is just a placeholder. I neglected to tell my cousin I was borrowing her street address but I'm certain she never knew.

I call Costco Canada before placing the order and they confirmed that US Costco members were eligible to purchase through their website, so I knew I wasn't breaking the rules.

I wasn't able to get the 20% off discount when I bought my certs. Not sure if I did something wrong or not. I tried purchasing two more a few days later with the 20% off code but the order was cancelled. Didn't pursue it.
No, your mixing up 2 completely different promotions. There is no 20% off code with costco.ca. Costco simply sells LE certs for $74.99 each. You then take your $100 certificate and use it on the LE site to buy the Fairmont certificates. The 20% code was a promotion (limited time) being run by LE, and for those not able to buy through Costco at 25% off the face value, you could buy the Fairmont certificates directly from LE using your credit card and a 20% off code. The discounts cannot be combined.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I have had success buying these with my credit card through a friend who has a costco membership's account. Bought $2000 worth for next two stays, but I am going to try to pay more than $1000 per stay and see what they say.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:35 am

I was/am confused. I got the certs for $74.99 but remembered an additional discount that I wasn't able to access. I guess I was mixing up the promos at the time. The Costco deal is great.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:05 pm

how long does it take to receive the certificates on the le site after you redeem your costco voucher? is it instant? thank you!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
how long does it take to receive the certificates on the le site after you redeem your costco voucher? is it instant? thank you!
Feedback from three purchases over the past week:

Purchase 1: 52 minutes
Purchase 2: 2 Hours
Purchase 3: 35 minutes
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
I would agree with CanuckFlyHigh regarding the general speed of the order processing, however, I have had the occasional order experience a glitch that required calling Customer Service and waiting a couple of days for the certs. Also note that you can't use the Costco certs immediately on the LE site. They need to be activated by LE after purchase, and my experience is that this only seems to happen during business hours. So if you purchase from Costco in the evening, you might have to wait until the next morning (or week if it's a weekend) before you can buy the Fairmont certs through the LE site.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

The LE certificates are out of order again on Costco.ca

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.