FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Are Room Upgrades Cumulative? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1812902-room-upgrades-cumulative.html)

PhotoSmurf Jan 4, 2017 7:29 pm

Are Room Upgrades Cumulative?

Upgrade 1 = FPC Certificate (Complimentary Room Upgrade)

Upgrade 2 = Air Canada Altitude Benefit (Complimentary Room Upgrade)

Is it possible to combine Upgrade 1 and Upgrade 2---to get a much better room category---on the same reservation?

For example, I know it IS possible to combine FPC Certificate (3rd Night Free) and FPC Certificate (Complimentary Suite Upgrade) on the same reservation.

CanadaDH Jan 4, 2017 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by PhotoSmurf (Post 27706348)
Upgrade 1 = FPC Certificate (Complimentary Room Upgrade)

Upgrade 2 = Air Canada Altitude Benefit (Complimentary Room Upgrade)

Is it possible to combine Upgrade 1 and Upgrade 2---to get a much better room category---on the same reservation?

For example, I know it IS possible to combine FPC Certificate (3rd Night Free) and FPC Certificate (Complimentary Suite Upgrade) on the same reservation.

Are you referring to the Altitude promotional code you use during booking, which is basically $50 credit, daily breakfast and complimentary upgrade? If so, do note that that upgrade benefit is based on availability at time of check-in. You can't confirm that upgrade at booking at all, unlike the FPC room upgrade certificates.

There are a lot of different promotional rates out there that give an upgrade at time of check-in, to the point where I always just assume that there are likely more people with this benefit on their bookings than there are rooms available in the next category to upgrade into. I generally consider a potential upgrade based on check-in availability to not be much of a benefit at all, and not just with Fairmont.

mahasamatman Jan 4, 2017 8:11 pm

In general, upgrades are not combinable. Otherwise, you could use a room upgrade, Gold floor upgrade, and suite upgrade to get a Gold Suite for the price of a Fairmont.

PhotoSmurf Jan 4, 2017 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 27706402)
Are you referring to the Altitude promotional code you use during booking, which is basically $50 credit, daily breakfast and complimentary upgrade? If so, do note that that upgrade benefit is based on availability at time of check-in. You can't confirm that upgrade at booking at all, unlike the FPC room upgrade certificates.

Yes, you are correct.

Would it be possible to secure a confirmed room upgrade (via FPC certificate) first and then request a "based-on-availability" room upgrade (via Air Canada Altitude offer) upon check-in? Or vice versa?

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 27706402)
In general, upgrades are not combinable. Otherwise, you could use a room upgrade, Gold floor upgrade, and suite upgrade to get a Gold Suite for the price of a Fairmont.

I think some FPC certificates are "combinable" but I'm curious to know if cumulative upgrades are possible. Also, I didn't think a FPC Certificate (Complimentary Suite Upgrade) could be used to upgrade a Gold room under any circumstances.

SometimeTraveler Jan 4, 2017 8:38 pm

I am not sure about combining upgrades but have on two occasions used a suite upgrade certificate to go from a gold floor basic room to a gold floor suite. I know this is not generally accepted but I asked nicely when I arrived and the upgrade was provided.

mahasamatman Jan 4, 2017 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by PhotoSmurf (Post 27706576)
I think some FPC certificates are "combinable"

But not two upgrade certificates.

ptownca Jan 6, 2017 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 27706692)
But not two upgrade certificates.

In the same way, I cannot book a room with suite upgrade and then apply a category upgrade to a higher suite level.