Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Holiday Gift - 3rd Night Free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Best I can tell - it's completely random. Or least it makes no sense to me:

In 2015, I didn't get one, but in 2016 I did (similar number of nights both years - far exceeding the number of nights I would've needed to earn Plat status)

Some of my clients got the cert with only 5 nights, while others didn't get it with more than 10 nights.

The way I look at it is: Don't frown if you didn't get one and be happy if you did get one.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: AC*E
The targeted promotions and offers are getting more finely tuned. I think they are looking at recent activity (number of guest, type of room, location) to figure out who gets them.

On another topic, I just found out that the 3rd night free cert at the Frontenac is restricted to basic rooms.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I guess we won't be seeing one of these for 2018. Last year's cert was issued on Dec 15, 2016. What a shame. I could have used one for a Feb 2018 stay.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I guess we won't be seeing one of these for 2018. Last year's cert was issued on Dec 15, 2016. What a shame. I could have used one for a Feb 2018 stay.
I could use one. Using my last one for a stay at the Chateau Laurier this week after having it not redeemed in Austin last month. The Fairmont Austin did not open in time so it went unused and wanted to use it up before the end of February.
Given the upcoming changes I would not anticipate too many stays at Fairmont going forward but I have a lot of gift cards to burn through!
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I have a B2G1 in my account which expires Feb. 28 & I can't use it, but I'm not Platinum, so I can't lie to their Website that Margarita Girl or Allbrosca is a member of my family!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.