Search

Wedding at a Fairmont

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Wedding at a Fairmont

Hi all,

I am hosting a wedding at a Fairmont in Canada and wanted your feedback on how to maximize points for this.

Will the hotel be able to offer me a certain # of points or status for a large spend? Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Hi all,

I am hosting a wedding at a Fairmont in Canada and wanted your feedback on how to maximize points for this.

Will the hotel be able to offer me a certain # of points or status for a large spend? Any other ideas?

Thanks!
I've never organized a wedding, so I can't advise on what advantages there are and how to capitalize on them. However, I can tell you there is really no way to "maximize points", since the Fairmont Presidents Club is not a points-based loyalty program.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I want to let you know that I know two people who have paid for their weddings with gift cards. Fairmont has a 20% off gift card promo twice a year. They used to have no limit on the amount, but now it is $5K per person. But mom, dad, brother, uncle, aunt, etc can all get them as gifts from one person, if you catch my drift.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:49 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

We used a combination of FM GC and the USA Chase Fairmont Visa to pay for our wedding at the Miramar.

There was not major issue and the coordinator wasn't aware they were discounted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.