Wiki Posts
Search

acknowledging great service of Fairmont

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Thumbs up acknowledging great service of Fairmont

I just rebooked a stay at the Fairmont in Washington DC as my aunt's husband (they had been married 40 years) just died and I wanted to do something special for her. He had been a Washington DC homicide detective. I called the hotel, and talked to two people who said someone else would call me back tomorrow. I spoke to Kamal of In House reservations who spent over 30 minutes explaining various options and giving his opinion as to what would be the best one. He was very educated, thoughtful, and considerate, and never rushed at all. I have been very happy with the service I have gotten at the two Fairmonts I have stayed at so far, but thought this was an extra touch. Does anyone know the best way to acknowledge this? Write a letter to the hotel manager or send a letter to the corporation? Any advice is welcomed.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I'd send an e-mail to the hotel's general manager. I'm sure both the GM and the employee will appreciate the positive feedback.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
OP are you a FPC Plat?

If so, I'd email that desk and they'd pass the feedback along.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately, only in my dreams! Just a Premier with an American AMEX platinum. And no hopes of making platinum while i am still working, alas!
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Runner123
Unfortunately, only in my dreams! Just a Premier with an American AMEX platinum. And no hopes of making platinum while i am still working, alas!
How do you become Premier through Amex Plat ? I have the Canadian Amex Plat but the only offer I see is becoming Platinum after 5 nights at Fairmont
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:50 am

I'm of the opinion that you should complain "up" and compliment "down".

For complaints at a hotel, start with the first employee you encounter. She or he might be empowered to fix the problem. If not, you can escalate to the next level. If all else fails, you can contact the chain/corporate level.

For compliments, you usually want to have the most impact (without having to do extra work). So, contact the chain/corporate via email, website, or phone. I guarantee that the compliment will be sent down the line. It might take a few days, but the employee will be recognized.

While I don't have any knowledge of Fairmont's system, when I worked for Radisson, part of the hotel's annual review consisted of the number of complaints/compliments received through corporate. So, complimenting "down" did help acknowledge the entire hotel.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Sorry, that was confusing. You do not become Premier with an "American" amex Platinum, but you do become Premier with a Fairmont credit card. If I could become Platinum with my "American" amex Platinum, I surely would.

I sent an email to the manager of the Georgetown Fairmont, but I will send a letter (hard copy even) to Fairmont Corporate. I am a lawyer, so I do have nice stationary with letterhead-maybe that will get the ee more of a bonus!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.