Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont $25 USD food/spa credits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JCFans
I'm due to spend a week at the Singapore property soon and I still have the full USD$100 for the year to spend. When I booked the property through FPC they did say that the certificates will be honoured in local currency, i.e. SGD$100 (which is a weaker currency than both USD and CAD).

Knowing your experience with this, I will press hard for them to honour the USD currency with FPC. But maybe I need a manager? Because the FPC reservation agent did state it will be honoured in the local currency.

Thoughts?
Sounds like nonsense (or an agent who isn't overly familiar with the benefits).

The dining certs (both the $100 Plat Select option and the regular $25 dining/spa certs) are in USD.

I tend to recommend to have the front desk take care of any cert redemptions in the morning on the day you check-out (which gives them some time to process them before you check-out). Or just plan for check-out to potentially take a little longer...
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I'm due to spend a week at the Singapore property soon and I still have the full USD$100 for the year to spend. When I booked the property through FPC they did say that the certificates will be honoured in local currency, i.e. SGD$100 (which is a weaker currency than both USD and CAD).

Knowing your experience with this, I will press hard for them to honour the USD currency with FPC. But maybe I need a manager? Because the FPC reservation agent did state it will be honoured in the local currency.

Thoughts?
No, that's just crap. Honouring the certs for the nominal value in the local hotel currency is not correct. By that logic, if you tried to use a $25 cert at the Fairmont in Manila, you'd get the equivalent of USD$0.53 off your meal!

The terms say USD, and USD is what it is supposed to be. Sounds like a poorly trained agent. It wouldn't surprise me to hear the hotel told you that, but it is a little surprising that an agent at the FPC told you that.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Thanks for all your feedback. I will stand my ground. Will update the group here.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:09 am

Thoughts?
I used a couple $25 certificates in Singapore in Dec. They did convert them to SGD, albeit at a pretty crappy rate, but still better than a straight $25 SGD.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: Amex Plat CAN
I just redeemed 2x25 USD at the Pac Rim yesterday and redeemed 1x100 USD at Sanur Beach a couple of months ago. Both times they called into FPC "head office" (don't know if it's actually head office or just an internal support line) to redeem the certs and seem to have gotten the conversion rate from there. FWIW both times I got a decent enough rate - around 8% disadvantage compared with the midmarket rate of the previous night. Not great, but they're perks and not "paid for", as it were.

I would suggest you just bring up the dining certs when you dine in Singapore, and the server/manager will have to deal with it then. They are not bound by what the FPC agent is telling you, so either way you'll have to take it up with them when the time comes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.