20% Bonus on FPC Gift Cards - Wed, May 4, 2016

Old Apr 26, 16, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
20% Bonus on FPC Gift Cards - Wed, May 4, 2016

It's back... just posted to the Fairmont Facebook page!

You asked and we listened - our social media e-gift card sale is back for one day only! On May 4th (from 1 4pm EDT), purchase an electronic gift card and receive a bonus 20% e-gift card FREE. It's the perfect treat for you, or to give as a gift for those special summer occasions.

http://bit.ly/Fairmonte-giftcards
Old Apr 26, 16, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
How nice of them to offer me a birthday present!
Old Apr 27, 16, 5:36 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Thanks for that. Been waiting and did not know they notify through the facebook page.
Old May 4, 16, 9:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
As a reminder, this is available now! Interesting, they added *Maximum spend of USD or CAD $5000.

I know someone who paid for their $100K wedding with gift cards last year, using this promo, and effectively got 20% off their wedding.
Old May 4, 16, 10:06 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: AE, BA, MR, Fairmont Plat (RIP), Accor Plat
Do these have an expiration date?
Old May 4, 16, 10:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
Do these have an expiration date?
Canadian Law - gift cards can't expire - I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old May 4, 16, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh View Post
Canadian Law - gift cards can't expire - I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct. No expiration. It's even part of the gift card advertisement that plays on the Fairmont channel in all the hotel rooms, reminding us that they never expire.
Old May 4, 16, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Purchase completed, and it was very efficient. E-mails with the gift cards, including the bonus card, were in my Inbox within 3 minutes.

I maxed it out under my name. Now to purchase another $5K in my wife's name!
Old May 4, 16, 12:08 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, Fairmont Platinum (No Airline Status, a first in 7 years)
After you receive your gift card codes, be sure to register them at fairmontgiftcard.com to help keep track of value remaining.

Just bought $1500+bonus. Great deal, bravo to Fairmont for such a helpful and useful deal.
Old May 4, 16, 12:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat Amb, A3*G, National Exec
The bonus is valid on multiple cards correct (purchased in 1 checkout)? I would like to give a couple out to family so don't want to buy 1 giant card.

I'm assuming this will be fine based on CanadaDH's post but wanted to double check.
Old May 4, 16, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tkyoshi View Post
The bonus is valid on multiple cards correct (purchased in 1 checkout)? I would like to give a couple out to family so don't want to buy 1 giant card.

I'm assuming this will be fine based on CanadaDH's post but wanted to double check.
That is correct. You can purchase as many cards as you like within one shopping cart purchase transaction. The max for one cart is $5,000 (in either USD or CAD), and the max for any one card is $2,000.

My purchases were $2,000 x 2 + $1,000 x 1.

The bonus will show up as 1 card, for 20% of the total purchase, regardless of the number of individual cards purchased.
Old May 4, 16, 12:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat Amb, A3*G, National Exec
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply
Old May 4, 16, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Anyone else having problems with this purchase? I've tried a Visa and a MC (both in USD) and keep getting this error message:

This order is required to be purchased using Verified By Visa or MasterCard SecureCode. Please contact your financial institution to have this feature activated and try your purchase again.

You can try again with a different payment card by clicking on the link below.

When prompted, keep the items in your cart and proceed to check out. Thank you.
I called Chase Visa and they say the purchase is coming through with no dollar amount so they can't approve it.

Edit: just called the 800 number at the bottom of the Fairmont page, they waved their magic wand, and the purchase went through.

Last edited by margarita girl; May 4, 16 at 1:02 pm
Old May 4, 16, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Anyone else having problems with this purchase? I've tried a Visa and a MC (both in USD) and keep getting this error message:

I called Chase Visa and they say the purchase is coming through with no dollar amount so they can't approve it.

Edit: just called the 800 number at the bottom of the Fairmont page, they waved their magic wand, and the purchase went through.
I had a call from AMEX Fraud prevention 30 seconds after I tried to buy - a purchase that was denied on Fairmont.com I had to tell them I approved it, and next attempt I had no problems.
Old May 6, 16, 10:13 am

Programs: AS 75K,AA Plat, UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott Tit, Hyatt Glb, Accors Plt, Natl Exec, Avis PC
Will the Fairmont card give 5 points on the $1 for this Fairmont purchase?

T&C implies maybe not...:
5 Fairmont Rewards: You'll earn 5 Fairmont Rewards for each $1 spent on purchases made at any Fairmont Hotels & Resorts property

So -4% for those who were using the card for their stays and will now pay with GC

Search this Thread