FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   20% Bonus on FPC Gift Cards - Wed, May 4, 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1762039-20-bonus-fpc-gift-cards-wed-may-4-2016-a.html)

CanadaDH Apr 26, 2016 10:38 am

20% Bonus on FPC Gift Cards - Wed, May 4, 2016

It's back... just posted to the Fairmont Facebook page!

You asked and we listened - our social media e-gift card sale is back for one day only! On May 4th (from 1 – 4pm EDT), purchase an electronic gift card and receive a bonus 20% e-gift card – FREE. It's the perfect treat for you, or to give as a gift for those special summer occasions.

http://bit.ly/Fairmonte-giftcards

mahasamatman Apr 26, 2016 8:25 pm

How nice of them to offer me a birthday present!

codesinvan Apr 27, 2016 5:36 am

Thanks for that. Been waiting and did not know they notify through the facebook page.

CanuckFlyHigh May 4, 2016 9:55 am

As a reminder, this is available now! Interesting, they added *Maximum spend of USD or CAD $5000.

I know someone who paid for their $100K wedding with gift cards last year, using this promo, and effectively got 20% off their wedding.

Admiral Ackbar May 4, 2016 10:06 am

Do these have an expiration date?

CanuckFlyHigh May 4, 2016 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar (Post 26576449)
Do these have an expiration date?

Canadian Law - gift cards can't expire - I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CanadaDH May 4, 2016 11:06 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh (Post 26576524)
Canadian Law - gift cards can't expire - I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct. No expiration. It's even part of the gift card advertisement that plays on the Fairmont channel in all the hotel rooms, reminding us that they never expire.

CanadaDH May 4, 2016 11:34 am

Purchase completed, and it was very efficient. E-mails with the gift cards, including the bonus card, were in my Inbox within 3 minutes. ^

I maxed it out under my name. Now to purchase another $5K in my wife's name!

AMRivlin May 4, 2016 12:08 pm

After you receive your gift card codes, be sure to register them at fairmontgiftcard.com to help keep track of value remaining.

Just bought $1500+bonus. Great deal, bravo to Fairmont for such a helpful and useful deal.

tkyoshi May 4, 2016 12:31 pm

The bonus is valid on multiple cards correct (purchased in 1 checkout)? I would like to give a couple out to family so don't want to buy 1 giant card.

I'm assuming this will be fine based on CanadaDH's post but wanted to double check.

CanadaDH May 4, 2016 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by tkyoshi (Post 26577159)
The bonus is valid on multiple cards correct (purchased in 1 checkout)? I would like to give a couple out to family so don't want to buy 1 giant card.

I'm assuming this will be fine based on CanadaDH's post but wanted to double check.

That is correct. You can purchase as many cards as you like within one shopping cart purchase transaction. The max for one cart is $5,000 (in either USD or CAD), and the max for any one card is $2,000.

My purchases were $2,000 x 2 + $1,000 x 1.

The bonus will show up as 1 card, for 20% of the total purchase, regardless of the number of individual cards purchased.

tkyoshi May 4, 2016 12:39 pm

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply :)

margarita girl May 4, 2016 12:57 pm

Anyone else having problems with this purchase? I've tried a Visa and a MC (both in USD) and keep getting this error message:

This order is required to be purchased using Verified By Visa or MasterCard SecureCode. Please contact your financial institution to have this feature activated and try your purchase again.

You can try again with a different payment card by clicking on the link below.

When prompted, keep the items in your cart and proceed to check out. Thank you.
I called Chase Visa and they say the purchase is coming through with no dollar amount so they can't approve it.

Edit: just called the 800 number at the bottom of the Fairmont page, they waved their magic wand, and the purchase went through.

CanuckFlyHigh May 4, 2016 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 26577314)
Anyone else having problems with this purchase? I've tried a Visa and a MC (both in USD) and keep getting this error message:

I called Chase Visa and they say the purchase is coming through with no dollar amount so they can't approve it.

Edit: just called the 800 number at the bottom of the Fairmont page, they waved their magic wand, and the purchase went through.

I had a call from AMEX Fraud prevention 30 seconds after I tried to buy - a purchase that was denied on Fairmont.com I had to tell them I approved it, and next attempt I had no problems.

dmodemd May 6, 2016 10:13 am

Will the Fairmont card give 5 points on the $1 for this Fairmont purchase?

T&C implies maybe not...:
5 Fairmont Rewards: You'll earn 5 Fairmont Rewards for each $1 spent on purchases made at any Fairmont Hotels & Resorts property

So -4% for those who were using the card for their stays and will now pay with GC