Platinum 2016 - What Additional Benefits are you choosing?

Old Feb 29, 16, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold
Platinum 2016 - What Additional Benefits are you choosing?

It looks like you can choose you 2 additional benefits, what is everyone thinking of choosing ?

AUTHENTICALLY LOCAL FOOD EXPERIENCE FOR TWO
Treat yourself and a guest to an authentically local food experience and taste the fresh and seasonal dishes your destination has to offer. Upon confirming your selection, an e-certificate will be added to your online profile.

DINING/WILLOW STREAM SPA E-CERTIFICATE
Relax in the spa or embark on a culinary journey with a $100 USD e-certificate to use towards your choice of lunch, dinner or a Willow Stream Spa treatment. Upon confirming your selection, your e-certificate will be added to your online profile.

ROOM UPGRADE E-CERTIFICATES
Enhance two of your Fairmont stays with room upgrades. Upon confirming your selection, two e-certificates will be added to your online profile.

SUITE UPGRADE E-CERTIFICATE
Enjoy the Suite Life. Create your next memorable experience by upgrading to a suite at your favourite Fairmont Hotel. Upon confirming your selection, an e-certificate will be added to your online profile.

FAIRMONT ELECTRONIC GIFT CARD
A memorable way to celebrate any occasion! Treat yourself or someone you love to a $50 USD Fairmont electronic gift card. Just like a Fairmont Gift Card, you can use this e-certificate towards dining, shopping or leisure activities at over 60 locations worldwide.
Old Mar 1, 16, 4:20 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
This used to be an option. Prior to that, we could choose gifts.
Old Mar 1, 16, 7:19 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Probably going to take the Willow Stream certificates and the suite upgrade - because those are the certs that I use the most. Never seem to use all the room upgrades.
Old Mar 1, 16, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
This looks the same as last year, and I think the year prior. I usually end up taking the 100$ and the suite upgrades
Old Mar 1, 16, 10:46 am

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Me too. Suite Upgrade and $100 dining/spa certs. Probably my wife will choose the same things.

We don't get a lot of use out of room upgrade certificates. The USD$50 gift card is useful, but the suite upgrade would be worth more to us.
Old Mar 1, 16, 11:58 am

Picked the $100 + $50 USD gift certs
Old Mar 1, 16, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K MM, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
Me too. Suite Upgrade and $100 dining/spa certs. Probably my wife will choose the same things.

We don't get a lot of use out of room upgrade certificates. The USD$50 gift card is useful, but the suite upgrade would be worth more to us.
Me also, same line of thinking ... selected Suite Upgrade and $100 dining/spa certs.
Old Mar 1, 16, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC*E
Huh. I didn't know about this. This was not available to me and my SO when we were "early recognition" last year. Or maybe we missed it.
Old Mar 1, 16, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Thanks for the reminder. I completely forgot about this. Given that I plan to spend 1 night at a Fairmont this year, I opted for the GC and the $100USD in food/spa

And I had to email Fairmont Plat now because I never got the email for the e gift card
Old Mar 1, 16, 10:19 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: AE, BA, MR, Fairmont Plat (RIP), Accor Plat
$100 food and beverage credit + $50GC which I really appreciate.

I think the gift card is not immediate with regards to the email...
Old Mar 2, 16, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
I think the gift card is not immediate with regards to the email...
I realize we didn't get it immediately, but was there an indication there would be a delay? I honestly don't know so I'm asking.
Old Mar 2, 16, 7:38 pm

Where are you guys seeing this option? I qualified for platinum, but when I log into my account, I don't see any options to pick.

EDIT: Nm. I'm an idiot.
Old Mar 3, 16, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin View Post
I realize we didn't get it immediately, but was there an indication there would be a delay? I honestly don't know so I'm asking.
Last year I received mine on 3/12. I think I made my picks pretty early, if not right away on 3/1.
Old Mar 4, 16, 7:06 am
Suspended

Heard back from the Fairmont. The gift card should arrive electronically by April 1st.
Old Mar 10, 16, 1:20 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: AE, BA, MR, Fairmont Plat (RIP), Accor Plat
Just got the e-gift card in my email.

Search this Thread