Does free night require "Fairmont King" category?

Old Jan 26, 16, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Does free night require "Fairmont King" category?

Just called FPC trying to use up my expiring plat night - Fairmont Q/Q was available online. The rep said no availability claiming that Fairmont King inventory is needed for redemption. Sounds like complete bogus - can anyone confirm if this is indeed correct?
Old Jan 26, 16, 6:27 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Just called FPC trying to use up my expiring plat night - Fairmont Q/Q was available online. The rep said no availability claiming that Fairmont King inventory is needed for redemption. Sounds like complete bogus - can anyone confirm if this is indeed correct?
I've never heard of that before. Any regular "Fairmont" room, regardless of the bed configuration should do. There are properties where they have different distinctions like "Fairmont View" and other such modifiers, which would make it a different category, but bed configuration should not matter.

What property was this? I'd call again and try with a different agent.
Old Jan 27, 16, 6:29 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
I've never heard of that before. Any regular "Fairmont" room, regardless of the bed configuration should do. There are properties where they have different distinctions like "Fairmont View" and other such modifiers, which would make it a different category, but bed configuration should not matter.

What property was this? I'd call again and try with a different agent.
Fully agree with the above tatement - sounds like bogus to me, so I'd recommend calling again.
Old Jan 27, 16, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Second rep reconfirmed - specific to Grand Del Mar apparently. Only fairmont king inventory is available for cert redemption. Bizarre...
Old Jan 27, 16, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Second rep reconfirmed - specific to Grand Del Mar apparently. Only fairmont king inventory is available for cert redemption. Bizarre...
How ridiculous!

Oddly enough, I just did a search for 10 random dates and almost all room categories were available, but Fairmont King rooms weren't available for a single date. If I were a skeptic I may be tempted to think the hotel is playing tricks with its room inventory.
Old Jan 27, 16, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
If I were a skeptic I may be tempted to think the hotel is playing tricks with its room inventory.
Or maybe they only have one or two.
Old Jan 29, 16, 4:49 pm

They charge $50/night more for 2 Queens in a Fairmont Room. And if you'd like a 3rd person in that 2 Queen room, that's an additional $50. Do they use the Moderate Room (smaller and cheaper than a Fairmont room) as the room available with a free night certificate?
Old Jan 30, 16, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdj84 View Post
T..Do they use the Moderate Room (smaller and cheaper than a Fairmont room) as the room available with a free night certificate?
Nope. Moderate (ahem $400+ room) king was availavle for sale byt not cert use.

Search this Thread