FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Does free night require "Fairmont King" category? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1742021-does-free-night-require-fairmont-king-category.html)

azepine00 Jan 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Does free night require "Fairmont King" category?

Just called FPC trying to use up my expiring plat night - Fairmont Q/Q was available online. The rep said no availability claiming that Fairmont King inventory is needed for redemption. Sounds like complete bogus - can anyone confirm if this is indeed correct?

CanadaDH Jan 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 26086480)
Just called FPC trying to use up my expiring plat night - Fairmont Q/Q was available online. The rep said no availability claiming that Fairmont King inventory is needed for redemption. Sounds like complete bogus - can anyone confirm if this is indeed correct?

I've never heard of that before. Any regular "Fairmont" room, regardless of the bed configuration should do. There are properties where they have different distinctions like "Fairmont View" and other such modifiers, which would make it a different category, but bed configuration should not matter.

What property was this? I'd call again and try with a different agent.

Jasper2009 Jan 27, 2016 6:29 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 26086560)
I've never heard of that before. Any regular "Fairmont" room, regardless of the bed configuration should do. There are properties where they have different distinctions like "Fairmont View" and other such modifiers, which would make it a different category, but bed configuration should not matter.

What property was this? I'd call again and try with a different agent.

Fully agree with the above tatement - sounds like bogus to me, so I'd recommend calling again.

azepine00 Jan 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Second rep reconfirmed - specific to Grand Del Mar apparently. Only fairmont king inventory is available for cert redemption. Bizarre...

Jasper2009 Jan 27, 2016 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 26092294)
Second rep reconfirmed - specific to Grand Del Mar apparently. Only fairmont king inventory is available for cert redemption. Bizarre...

How ridiculous!:td:

Oddly enough, I just did a search for 10 random dates and almost all room categories were available, but Fairmont King rooms weren't available for a single date. If I were a skeptic I may be tempted to think the hotel is playing tricks with its room inventory.

mahasamatman Jan 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 26092363)
If I were a skeptic I may be tempted to think the hotel is playing tricks with its room inventory.

Or maybe they only have one or two.

jdj84 Jan 29, 2016 4:49 pm

They charge $50/night more for 2 Queens in a Fairmont Room. And if you'd like a 3rd person in that 2 Queen room, that's an additional $50. Do they use the Moderate Room (smaller and cheaper than a Fairmont room) as the room available with a free night certificate?

azepine00 Jan 30, 2016 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by jdj84 (Post 26103237)
T..Do they use the Moderate Room (smaller and cheaper than a Fairmont room) as the room available with a free night certificate?

Nope. Moderate (ahem $400+ room) king was availavle for sale byt not cert use.