Wiki Posts
Search

20% LifeExperiences.ca Sale to Dec 27th

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
20% LifeExperiences.ca Sale to Dec 27th

Received this e-mail today... For anyone who didn't get enough discounted Fairmont gift certificates at Black Friday, you can get some more until Dec 27.

Dear Experience Lover,

Enjoy Boxing Day savings all weekend! Use coupon code "BOXSALE" at LifeExperiences.ca and SambaDays.com to get 20% off your purchase.

Hurry, this offer ends Sunday December 27th.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:30 pm

What is the difference between a life experience certificate and the standard certificate?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pickles1107
What is the difference between a life experience certificate and the standard certificate?
The LifeExperience certificates are a third party provider that sells certificates for a variety of services and businesses and are not affiliated with Fairmont. Practically speaking, they function in a similar way, as the agent will redeem the certificate (online instead of through the GC terminal) and apply it as a credit to your room account. The biggest restriction is that they are only sold in CAD and can only be redeemed at Canadian Fairmont properties. They also must be purchased in $100 increments and cannot be partially redeemed like a gift card can.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Question

Any experience with these certificates, CanadaDH or anybody? They appear to be only for paying for accommodations as opposed to food & beverage or spa or other incidentals. Is that accurate? And no expiry date?

What's Included
The Fairmont Hotels & Resorts LifeExperiences.ca gift certificate is redeemable towards any Canadian Fairmont Hotel & Resort property. For a complete list of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts properties available for use with this gift certificate, please go to LifeExperiences.ca

It's easy to redeem your Fairmont Hotels & Resort certificate:
  • Call Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1-800-257-7544.
  • Quote the number printed on this certificate.
  • Fairmont Hotels & Resorts will book your reservation.
  • Be sure to bring this certificate to present to your Fairmont Hotels & Resorts destination upon arrival

Terms & Conditions
  • All sales are final
  • Valid year round
  • Subject to availability; advance reservations required
  • Policies subject to change without notice
  • Must present certificate upon arrival
  • May not be redeemed for cash
  • This certificate has no implied warranties
  • On-Line Experience Programs Inc. shall not be responsible for Accident, loss, misfortune or damage of any kind (to property or person) relating to any of the above services.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Any experience with these certificates, CanadaDH or anybody? They appear to be only for paying for accommodations as opposed to food & beverage or spa or other incidentals. Is that accurate? And no expiry date?

What's Included
The Fairmont Hotels & Resorts LifeExperiences.ca gift certificate is redeemable towards any Canadian Fairmont Hotel & Resort property. For a complete list of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts properties available for use with this gift certificate, please go to LifeExperiences.ca

It's easy to redeem your Fairmont Hotels & Resort certificate:
  • Call Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1-800-257-7544.
  • Quote the number printed on this certificate.
  • Fairmont Hotels & Resorts will book your reservation.
  • Be sure to bring this certificate to present to your Fairmont Hotels & Resorts destination upon arrival

Terms & Conditions
  • All sales are final
  • Valid year round
  • Subject to availability; advance reservations required
  • Policies subject to change without notice
  • Must present certificate upon arrival
  • May not be redeemed for cash
  • This certificate has no implied warranties
  • On-Line Experience Programs Inc. shall not be responsible for Accident, loss, misfortune or damage of any kind (to property or person) relating to any of the above services.
I've used them many times, and applied them to all kinds of charges on my room account, including spa and restaurant charges. I've even purchased ski lift tickets at the Fairmont Tremblant, since the desk downstairs selling tickets, which isn't even part of Fairmont, can charge purchases to hotel guest room accounts. It's a nice way to get a discount on things beyond just the basic room and spa charges.

What I normally do, sometime during my stay, is find a time when the front desk isn't busy, and give them the stack of certificates and have them apply the credits to my room account. I've never called Fairmont about them, or declared my intent to use the certificates before my stay.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Thanks, CanadaDH. ^
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I've also used them at both the Banff Springs and Chateau Lake Louise without issues. It's a good idea to give someone a heads up about the stack of certificates (they only come in $100 denominations), since it can take a little while to enter. No problems applying them to any and all charges.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:03 pm

Looks like this deal has expired.

There were some errors while performing the requested action:

This is not a valid coupon code or the coupon code you are trying to use has expired: BOXSALE
Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
What I normally do, sometime during my stay, is find a time when the front desk isn't busy, and give them the stack of certificates and have them apply the credits to my room account.
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
It's a good idea to give someone a heads up about the stack of certificates
At the Empress this week, I tried to get them applied early, but they would only accept them at checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.