"You're almost there" e-mails are utterly annoying

Old Dec 21, 15, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
"You're almost there" e-mails are utterly annoying

It seems like Fairmont has introduced a new feature for its website: Whenever one does a search on the Fairmont website and doesn't make a booking, one gets a "You're almost there" e-mail a few hours later with a link to complete the booking.

I find this utterly annoying. Not only is it rather creepy IMO, but also is getting an e-mail for each of the hundreds of searches I do each month a huge nuisance.
Old Dec 21, 15, 1:29 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
It seems like Fairmont has introduced a new feature for its website: Whenever one does a search on the Fairmont website and doesn't make a booking, one gets a "You're almost there" e-mail a few hours later with a link to complete the booking.

I find this utterly annoying. Not only is it rather creepy IMO, but also is getting an e-mail for each of the hundreds of searches I do each month a huge nuisance.
I've never had one of those e-mails. However, most of the time when I'm searching for bookings, I'm not logged into my FPC profile, so maybe they don't know who was searching?
Old Dec 21, 15, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
I've never had one of those e-mails. However, most of the time when I'm searching for bookings, I'm not logged into my FPC profile, so maybe they don't know who was searching?
I'm 99% sure I wasn't logged in during all of my searches, so I guess Fairmont is using cookies to track who's searching for which property etc.
Old Dec 21, 15, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
I'm 99% sure I wasn't logged in during all of my searches, so I guess Fairmont is using cookies to track who's searching for which property etc.
Time to start searching in incognito/private browsing mode.

I also hate how they pop up that stupid survey every time you leave the site without booking. The loss of fairmont.com will be one good outcome of the Accor merger.
Old Dec 21, 15, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I get the survey, but i never get the email. Check your settings?
Old Dec 22, 15, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I have no idea what you are referring to Jasper I get a.......check in now email, that's about it.
Old Jan 27, 16, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC*E
I just started getting them, but only for high value hotels. It appears you can "unsubscribe" from it.

Search this Thread