FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Savoy London Questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1731384-savoy-london-questions.html)

nologic Dec 13, 2015 9:24 am

Savoy London Questions

Does the Savoy have a Gold Club Lounge?

When was it last renovated?

What suites does the hotel tend to upgrade to using suite UG certs?

Will they let me combine a suite certificate on top of a free night certificate on top of a book two get one night free hotel promo? So, I would be in a suite for 4 nights while paying for two standard rooms (perhaps this would require two separate bookings and two separate suite UG certificates?

Does anyone know the name of the front desk and/or revenue manager?

CanadaDH Dec 13, 2015 10:04 am

Originally Posted by nologic (Post 25856938)
Does the Savoy have a Gold Club Lounge?

What suites does the hotel tend to upgrade to using suite UG certs?

Will they let me combine a suite certificate on top of a free night certificate on top of a book two get one night free hotel promo? So, I would be in a suite for 4 nights while paying for two standard rooms (perhaps this would require two separate bookings and two separate suite UG certificates?

Does anyone know the name of the front desk and/or revenue manager?

The Savoy does not have a gold floor.

The Savoy closed for a number of years to undergo a very significant renovation, and only reopened a few years ago. All rooms and spaces have been renovated, and there are basically 2 sides of the hotel... the Edwardian and the Art Deco. Depending on which suits your tastes better, you can select a room in one of those two styles.

Suite upgrade certificates are not accepted at the Savoy.

Room upgrade certificates are accepted.

Free night certificates are subject to capacity controls and are difficult to redeem.

If you managed to get to use your free night certificate, there's nothing preventing you from combining that with a Room upgrade certificate.

The Savoy officially allows you to book a Superior Queen room and upgrade into the Deluxe King. Or, you may book the Deluxe King and upgrade into the Luxury King.

nologic Dec 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 25857110)
The Savoy does not have a gold floor.

The Savoy closed for a number of years to undergo a very significant renovation, and only reopened a few years ago. All rooms and spaces have been renovated, and there are basically 2 sides of the hotel... the Edwardian and the Art Deco. Depending on which suits your tastes better, you can select a room in one of those two styles.

Suite upgrade certificates are not accepted at the Savoy.

Room upgrade certificates are accepted.

Free night certificates are subject to capacity controls and are difficult to redeem.

If you managed to get to use your free night certificate, there's nothing preventing you from combining that with a Room upgrade certificate.

The Savoy officially allows you to book a Superior Queen room and upgrade into the Deluxe King. Or, you may book the Deluxe King and upgrade into the Luxury King.

Hmm, sounds like this hotel is pretty chincy...

OK, so room upgrade form a Luxury and River Room would be to...a luxury and river view suite? Is that not a suite with Butler service? Are they really strict with a one category room upgrade to Platinums, even with the hotel wide open? What is the Platinum amenity here?

CanadaDH Dec 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by nologic (Post 25858356)
Hmm, sounds like this hotel is pretty chincy...

OK, so room upgrade form a Luxury and River Room would be to...a luxury and river view suite? Is that not a suite with Butler service? Are they really strict with a one category room upgrade to Platinums, even with the hotel wide open? What is the Platinum amenity here?

I booked a river view suite here once, and it was very impressive. However, I had to pay for it since they didn't allow any certificates on it.

You could call it chincy, but I'll give them a pass on this one. For the Savoy and the Plaza, there are more restrictions on certificate use than other Fairmont properties. But, I can't say I blame them, considering the price of rooms here. Everybody would want to redeem all their free nights and upgrades here.

You can't use the room upgrade cert to upgrade from a Luxury King to anything else, at least not officially (unless they've changed the policy recently). I gave you the two allowed uses of the room upgrade certs. Anything higher than that, and you'll need to get them to make an exception. They're not going to let you upgrade into a suite, because they don't accept suite upgrade certificates, and so I can't imagine they would allow you to upgrade into a suite with only a room upgrade cert.

When I last stayed there, the welcome amenity was some sparkling water and some macaroons.

The rooms here are still very nice, so it's not like you if you don't get a big river view suite that you won't have a good stay. When I used a room upgrade cert to book into the Luxury King room (on the Edwardian side), here is what the room looked like:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...savoy-room.jpg

We had a partial river view. Meaning, our room was on the side of the hotel, but near to the river side, so you had a view looking down the river. I guess a full on view is nicer, but this was still pretty good, and better than a view of the courtyard or city side.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...savoy-view.jpg

mikeyyz Dec 15, 2015 10:35 pm

I had a lovely 3 night stay there last January.

Booked a Superior Queen Room through FHR, as Fairmont Platinum, and they further upgraded me to a suite with butler, very nice. I forget if I used a room upgrade.

The welcome amenity was some juices and snacks I believe.

Kagehitokiri Dec 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by nologic (Post 25856938)

£220 million renovation (268 rooms) from 2007 to 2010
alwaleed acquired 50% of savoy in 2005
(alwaleed/colony acquired fairmont in 2006, sold stake to qatar in 2010)
(other 50% of savoy was bank of scotland / lloyds, sold to qatar in 2014)