Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Exciting News Announcement from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exciting News Announcement from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
With Fairmont, some properties have the "Gold Floor" with access to the gold lounge, and it's marketed sort of like a hotel within a hotel. With a few exceptions, you need to book a gold floor room to get access, and your status doesn't matter. That lounge is more than just a place to grab a quick breakfast. It's a kind of oasis in some properties, and includes dedicated check-in facilities so you can bypass the front desk, and you have dedicated concierge services as well.
Well, that's the definition of club lounges at any luxury hotels.

With Platinum for 60 nights a year, you will not get that many Plat members at the same time at a hotel, by the way.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Well, that's the definition of club lounges at any luxury hotels.

With Platinum for 60 nights a year, you will not get that many Plat members at the same time at a hotel, by the way.
Yes, I realize that. But my point is that Fairmont doesn't operate like others. Their gold floor concept is different than how other chains operate a club lounge. With Fairmont, it's been more of a hotel within a hotel, and if you want to access the gold lounge, you book a gold room. They don't even allow their room and suite upgrade certificates to be used towards a gold room.

Accor may very well change that, and I'm simply saying that I wouldn't be in favour of them cheapening the product like that.

I think the general theme of this thread has been that the FPC program is unique vs. the major hotel chains, and this is another point of uniqueness.

And I'm not so sure that Accor Platinum members are as rare as you suggest. It may be 60 nights per year to receive it, but also, anybody with a Platinum or Centurion Amex card is comped that. I haven't signed up for the Accor membership, but I suppose I could get granted that status anytime I was feeling inclined to bother filling out the forms, and I haven't even spent a night at an Accor property in years. That's a lot of people who could potentially crowd the lounges.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
They don't even allow their room and suite upgrade certificates to be used towards a gold room.
*They don't usually....I have managed to do so.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
*They don't usually....I have managed to do so.
As have I, but you have to get approval from someone at the local property to make that deal.

I managed to apply an upgrade toward Suite 703 at CLL once!

Of course, it probably helped that I'd been booking suites there with some regularity that they made the exception. It was even high season too.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
As have I, but you have to get approval from someone at the local property to make that deal.

I managed to apply an upgrade toward Suite 703 at CLL once!

Of course, it probably helped that I'd been booking suites there with some regularity that they made the exception. It was even high season too.
Beautiful suite! And yes, you are correct. The Fairmont Gold managers have had to approve my request, and the only reason why they have done so is because I've stayed at their properties more often than I stay at home.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Maybe with the take over, their program will get better. Fingers crossed because I believe Starwood will only be going down.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:55 am

Ovation Rewards

Fairmont Liaison,

I and probably a few others would appreciate if Fairmont/Raffles could please give plenty of forewarning on how the merger will affect outstanding Ovation Rewards certificates. Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Although my wife and are both Fairmont Platinum members, our combined nights would be much less than the advertised level of 60 nights required for Accor Platinum. Although the link with Accor would provide additional opportunity to earn elite nights, I don't believe I have ever stayed in one of their hotels and although there may be some nice hotels in the group and I doubt that I will suddenly seek them out. Although the AMEX Platinum card entitles members in some countries to Accor Platinum, I don't believe the US is one of those countries.

Like many of you, I have status in other chains. One of the reasons that I switched most of my stays to Fairmont was the upfront suite upgrades.

Last edited by rny321; Dec 13, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I am quite alarmed by this development, for a few reasons:

1. Accor properties in my travels have no clue about Platinum or not and could care less, this has happened in countries worldwide

2. Accor and Accor Club service is awful, truly awful. Promos are a mess and when dead links or issues are pointed out it is worse than trying to interact with IHG.

3. Canadian members. How exactly would a Canadian-based traveller reach the current Accor Club Platinum requirements? With one Sofitel and a scattering of a few Novotels in Easter Canada? This concerns me and Fairmont has not said a word as yet (I know it very recent, but still).

4. Fairmont Platinum Line. This service has ranged from very good to excellent with most agents and I even recall 2 names while I type this out which says something. They have ironed out issues at the Nile City and Kyiv properties, and not only were the on my side, they escalated the issues for better training. This would be impossible in the Accor overseas contact centre.

My 2 cents today.

Last edited by PointWeasel; Dec 12, 2015 at 9:15 am
Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:43 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Canadian members. How exactly would a Canadian-based traveller reach the current Accor Club Platinum requirements? With one Sofitel and a scattering of a few Novotels in Easter Canada? This concerns me and Fairmont has not said a word as yet (I know it very recent, but still).
You get Accor plat with the Canadian Amex Plat FWIW.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
it is worse than trying to interact with IHG.
Most frightening thing I have read on FT recently, OMG!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
1. Accor properties in my travels have no clue about Platinum or not and could care less, this has happened in countries worldwide.
As has been stated a few times in this thread, that is no longer true. Every large hotel chain had front desk training issues when they began their program and Accor was no different. But now in 2015 Platinum recognition appears to be over 90% world-wide and 2016 is expected to be better. And I think in the top brands, Sofitel, Pullman, M-Gallery, it is 100% today.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This could be useful to jump-start our accounts: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...or-points.html
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

why would accor get rid of certificates ?

accor will probably add points, but they do points for non-accor hotels on accor website
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by stimpy
As has been stated a few times in this thread, that is no longer true. Every large hotel chain had front desk training issues when they began their program and Accor was no different. But now in 2015 Platinum recognition appears to be over 90% world-wide and 2016 is expected to be better. And I think in the top brands, Sofitel, Pullman, M-Gallery, it is 100% today.
In the past year, I have had Accor stays in Morocco, Poland, Mexico, Panama, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Spain, Greece, Italy and Portugal and only 3 times have things gone smoothly as they should.

Issues of past year? Many stays didn't post without repeated follow-ups, Welcome Drink forgotten more than 50% of the time until prompted, 2K points for 40 euros was a struggle in Mexico that dragged on for 3 days, worst basic rooms assigned at multiple properties until I raised an issue (this is not a suite request, just a room with any view as opposed to no view or wall).

The last three Accor/Aeroplan promotions have been a mess and the correspondence from Accor Club overseas contact centres reads like to template of poor customer service.

When I compare to my Fairmont experiences and customer service pre/post-stay there is no comparison.

But, by all means, feel free to correct me on my own experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.