Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Exciting News Announcement from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exciting News Announcement from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Well, that just ruined my day.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Well, that just ruined my day.
This year has been brutal. SPG and Fairmont (most likely) gutted due to mergers.

My two favorite hotel chains. What a lousy day indeed.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:07 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by flo_147
Who says that fpc will get integrated or swallowed by Le Club? Maybe they will abandon the voucher style program and come up with something completely new?
Accor IT systems make Air Canada IT systems look good.

Absolutely horrible fit as well, I don't mind Accor (I am plat there as well) but Fairmont plat customer service is head and shoulders above Accor.

Can't see anything good come from this.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:07 am

This is a disaster. I am still waiting for the merger where loyal customer benefits improve. It would be a first and it sure isn't going to happen here!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
#theendisnear

Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:33 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to the fold

For any questions on how the Le Club Accorhotels programme works please consult this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...corhotels.html

The Le Club Accorhotels programme is easy to understand, easy to earn, easy to redeem, no blackout dates or room categories excluded. Points can be redeemed online (without vouchers). Points can also be used as co-payment.

The Accorhotels press release is here: http://www.accorhotels-group.com/fil...otels_frhi.pdf As you can see from the PR the intention is to integrate Fairmont customers into the Accor loyalty programme.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:37 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Welcome to the fold

For any questions on how the Le Club Accorhotels programme works please consult this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...corhotels.html

The Le Club Accorhotels programme is easy to understand, easy to earn, easy to redeem, no blackout dates or room categories excluded. Points can be redeemed online (without vouchers). Points can also be used as co-payment.

The Accorhotels press release is here: http://www.accorhotels-group.com/fil...otels_frhi.pdf As you can see from the PR the intention is to integrate Fairmont customers into the Accor loyalty programme.
I do not see the intention to integrate the Fairmont program into the Accor one anywhere in that release. They only mention that the customer database will be integrated in theirs. One can only hope... Accor program is nowhere near the Fairmont one.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not exciting news. Just sad.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: Free Agent
I just hope all the 2016 certs post March 1st. I'm screwed if they do not.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
We can only pray they keep the Fairmont as separate from the rest of Accor as possbile.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I do not see the intention to integrate the Fairmont program into the Accor one anywhere in that release. They only mention that the customer database will be integrated in theirs. One can only hope... Accor program is nowhere near the Fairmont one.
I bet you €5. 27m Le Club members, 3m FRHI loyalty members, you do the maths.

Judging from Accorhotels CEO Bazin's email to Le Club members I'd say they will merge loyalty and of course the best elements of both should survive. That said we have seen in the airline world how that usually works out
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Absolutely terrible news. I can't think of a worse fit for Fairmont. Our beloved FPC program will be shredded to the Accor points program, and my stays will go from 50/year to 0.
If you stay only 50 nights a year, you need 10 more nights to be Accor Plat
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Welcome to the fold

Easy to understand indeed: no guaranteed upgrades, even when being Plat
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC E75K; SPG Gold; IHG Ambassador; NEXUS
I just made Fairmont Plat too. Here's hoping the programmes don't integrate until 2017 so I can get a full year's run as a FPC Plat.....
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

Darn. I split my loyalty between SPG and Fairmont. This has been a bad last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.