FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Chateau Frontenac - 123 days of $123 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1727442-chateau-frontenac-123-days-123-a.html)

codesinvan Nov 27, 2015 10:32 am

Chateau Frontenac - 123 days of $123

My wife just saw this on facebook: 123 days of $123.

We were able to combine this rate with one of our suite upgrade certificates. Great deal.

Yul_voyager Nov 27, 2015 10:41 am

Originally Posted by codesinvan (Post 25779070)
My wife just saw this on facebook: 123 days of $123.

We were able to combine this rate with one of our suite upgrade certificates. Great deal.

This is a good offer. However the FHR rate for those dates is about 100$ higher... Given that it is refundable and it includes 100$ of F&B and free breakfast for two (easily worth 50$), I am not sure if it is not finally a better deal.

Vaclav Nov 27, 2015 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager (Post 25779112)
This is a good offer. However the FHR rate for those dates is about 100$ higher... Given that it is refundable and it includes 100$ of F&B and free breakfast for two (easily worth 50$), I am not sure if it is not finally a better deal.

Indeed - how do you book this? Amex Plat Travel Service? Thanks

Yul_voyager Nov 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Vaclav (Post 25779134)
Indeed - how do you book this? Amex Plat Travel Service? Thanks

You can call PTS or even book online on the Amex travel site (be sure you are logged).

I looked for a random Saturday night in April, the black Friday rate is 145$ tax included, and the FRH rate is 233$ tax included. Since I get 100$ credit (usable for a memorable dinner at Le Champlain) and breakfast for two, I won't jump on the black Friday rate.
But for someone who just want the room, it is a great rate.

Yul_voyager Nov 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager (Post 25779765)
You can call PTS or even book online on the Amex travel site (be sure you are logged).

I looked for a random Saturday night in April, the black Friday rate is 145$ tax included, and the FRH rate is 233$ tax included. Since I get 100$ credit (usable for a memorable dinner at Le Champlain) and breakfast for two, I won't jump on the black Friday rate.
But for someone who just want the room, it is a great rate.

Even better, the Virtuoso rate says the 100$ credit is actually a USD credit (which means 133 CAD - well maybe 125 CAD since I assume it the hotel exchange rate will be used) !

mikeyyz Nov 27, 2015 6:13 pm

AMEX FHR is also a $100 USD credit. Used it earlier this month... they don't mention that at check in but I had a great dinner!