Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont's Policy on Multiple Rooms

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Fairmont's Policy on Multiple Rooms

Does anyone else find this policy sucks? I'm considering booking 4 rooms for my family in Montreal and I can only get the room that I stay in to be credited to my President's account.

SPG allows up to 3 rooms for you to claim the credit for. I think I might have to go with a Starwood hotel for this trip.

Just venting...
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Fully agree.

At least allowing members to get credit for two rooms would make good business sense IMO sense it may incentivize people to book a 2nd room for their family/kids.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I've actually had multiple rooms credit accidently before, but most of the time, you only get credit for the one. I agree it would be nice if they gave credit for multiple rooms, as long as you were physically staying in one of them. However, I don't think I'd let that affect my decision to stay at a particular property, since FPC isn't really a points based system. Of course, if I was 1 night's credit short of reaching a threshold that would earn an additional free night cert, then I guess it would make a difference. Most of the time, it wouldn't really make a difference to my benefits.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I've actually had multiple rooms credit accidently before, but most of the time, you only get credit for the one. I agree it would be nice if they gave credit for multiple rooms, as long as you were physically staying in one of them. However, I don't think I'd let that affect my decision to stay at a particular property, since FPC isn't really a points based system. Of course, if I was 1 night's credit short of reaching a threshold that would earn an additional free night cert, then I guess it would make a difference. Most of the time, it wouldn't really make a difference to my benefits.
Agreed, FPC is not about collecting points, but the experience and the way Fairmonts tailor it based on your preferences. Given a rate from a given Fairmont which is close to SPG, I'd take Fairmont almost every time.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
Book the rooms individually

I have on a number of occasions book multiple rooms, but a separate reservations under my name and received credit for each room to my FPC.
At the time of check-in, I have my other guest added as additional names to the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.