FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Room rate includes breakfast- I am a Platinum member - ? two breakfasts? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1704938-room-rate-includes-breakfast-i-am-platinum-member-two-breakfasts.html)

FlyerGoldII Aug 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Room rate includes breakfast- I am a Platinum member - ? two breakfasts?

We will be staying at Fairmont San Francisco this Saturday night.
We have book a room rate which includes breakfast.

As a Platinum member of FPC, I can check in early - maybe as early as 9 am.

The question is whether the breakfast feature of the room rate would be valid for 2 separate days - both Sat am and also Sun am.

Jasper2009 Aug 23, 2015 8:38 pm

I'd be extremely surprised if the hotel included breakfast twice. If you're lucky, you may be able to convince the hotel to have breakfast on the first day instead of the second day.

Also, unless you're very lucky or have a special relationship with the hotel, a 9a.m. early check-in would be quite unlikely.

Tax Dude Aug 25, 2015 7:18 am

I think the rule is a guaranteed noon check-in. I've often received much earlier check-ins. The Savoy has been particularly good in this respect.

You may or may not receive two breakfasts. It's going to depend on the hotel's internal processes - some don't charge you at all if you're on the free breakfast list that's generated every morning (which you wouldn't be on the first day,) some charge everyone and manually remove or reduce the charges for breakfast-included rates. In the latter case, you might get lucky. I wouldn't count on it, but would be happy if it happens! I certainly wouldn't try to argue the point.

FrenchLaundry Aug 25, 2015 10:31 am

Let us know how it goes.

But I've found no meaning to this "guarantee", especially at the SF property.

AMRivlin Aug 25, 2015 11:26 am

Most will give you 1-2 hours either way at checkin and checkout, If you raise a stink you can get more.

As for the breakfast, I would guess they could be confused into giving away 2, but most likely will do 1.

Jasper2009 Aug 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 25326067)
Most will give you 1-2 hours either way at checkin and checkout, If you raise a stink you can get more.

Hm, not sure I agree with this assessment. IME hotels are generally very good at honouring the late check-out benefit and usually offer a 4p.m. late check-out without any discussion (which is consistent with the late check-out benefit associated with some rates such as Virtuoso).

However, hotels are pretty bad at dealing with the guaranteed early check-in benefit and treat more along the lines of "we'll give you the next room available".

superangrypenguin Aug 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 25327810)
However, hotels are pretty bad at dealing with the guaranteed early check-in benefit and treat more along the lines of "we'll give you the next room available".

THIS. Freaking Fairmont Winnipeg still makes my blood boil because of this. I learned this the hard way (that Plats had guaranteed early check in)

wwtsang Sep 2, 2015 12:32 am

Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry (Post 25325774)
Let us know how it goes.

But I've found no meaning to this "guarantee", especially at the SF property.

i guess i was lucky, had a stay a couple weeks ago at the Fairmont SF, i had noted in my res about the early check in (11am)

arrived at the property at 11:30 and suite was ready (used a suite upgrade)
unfortunately it was the suite in the main building with an obstructed view (slightly longer feedback will be left in the appropriate thread soon :D)

my early check in for a stay at the Royal York was available for 10:30am (when i booked direct via phone they had said i could have even asked for 9am) signature room (used a room upgrade) however reeked of cigarette smoke :td: