Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Excessive fees at Fairmont Singapore Business Centre?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Excessive fees at Fairmont Singapore Business Centre?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Exclamation Excessive fees at Fairmont Singapore Business Centre?

Needed to print a 10 page document off my USB key for a meeting during my stay at the Fairmont Singapore last week and was prepared to pay a "premium" cost for it.

Got to the business centre and was told that they charge $6 SGD (~$4.40 USD) plus GST per page for colour printing. I thought I heard it wrong the first time, so I asked again and it was indeed $6 SGD + tax per page...

I expected to pay a fair bit more, but certainly did not expect this. Is it just me or are the charges excessive?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:50 am

I've always thought their business centre fees are too high. They should be a tiered benefit of FPC I think.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I'm not surprised that it's that expensive, but at the same time, I've never been charged for printing stuff - color or not. But I have not personally been to this property.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I'm not familiar with the business center at the Fairmont SIN, but some of the business centers are run by third-party operaters and not by the respective Fairmont property. Those tend to be much more expensive since they're obviously there to make a profit.

If you went to a shop offering printing / copying services, being charged $2-$3 per page isn't uncommon.

That being said, since you have Platinum status, I would've just politely asked the front desk staff whether they'd be willing to print a document for you. (as long as it's just a few docs / a few pages I doubt they'd refuse).
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just like room service, this is a service for those who are price insensitive. OP needed his doc for a business meeting, so there's only so much time to run around locating an alternative.

People pay this for the same reasons they pay $15 to have a dress shirt laundered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.