Fairmont Forum Lounge Thread

Old Jul 26, 15, 11:14 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Fairmont Forum Lounge Thread

Per the suggestion of superangrypenguin, I'll start a forum lounge thread (on a trial basis) where you can engage in discussions which are not directly related to Fairmont President's Club or Fairmont hotels in particular.

This may be a good place to engage in small talk and discuss topics loosely related to Fairmont (e.g. what was your first Fairmont stay? Why do you stay at Fairmont properties? etc.) or just get to know each other better.

As usual, this mod appreciates the civilized interactions in this forum, so any behaviour which increases my workload is discouraged.

Jasper2009
Fairmont FPC Moderator
Old Jul 27, 15, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Thanks Jasper for allowing this! I really would like to get to know people on this board much better!

I guess maybe to start things off, we can post about how we ended up in the Fairmont program?

For me, the PLAT5 program was what drew me into this place. My travel schedule was....essentially 0, up until an internship at my current employer where I flew across Canada and hit 5 nights, and then went, WOW! Then I ended up full time at my current employer and then easily hit 5 nights. I found myself really like the service so in addition to qualifying (the hard way) with SPG to hit Plat, I made sure I maintained Plat with Fairmont. I've now traveled across Canada coast to coast and have had the priv. of visiting every Fairmont in Canada (and a few in the US). To me, (for most) Fairmont's, the service quality is worth it to steal me from another program. (choice words! )

Anyways, back to the Palliser tomorrow The service is as I've posted in the appropriate thread, the reason I defect from SPG for my week there
Old Jul 27, 15, 10:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
My first job was a consulting job (at age 22) that required significant travel and a corporate requirement to stay at Fairmont or SPG. I can only imagine what they thought when this 22 year old (who looked 16) checked in every week for months on end at the beginning. My first year I did 60 nights at Fairmont. Since then, I have done 100 hotel nights a year (8 years later), with at least 30-40/year at Fairmont properties.

Although I started staying at Fairmonts regularly at a young age, they always treated e with respect and I always remember that.
Old Jul 27, 15, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh View Post
My first job was a consulting job (at age 22) that required significant travel and a corporate requirement to stay at Fairmont or SPG. I can only imagine what they thought when this 22 year old (who looked 16) checked in every week for months on end at the beginning. My first year I did 60 nights at Fairmont. Since then, I have done 100 hotel nights a year (8 years later), with at least 30-40/year at Fairmont properties.

Although I started staying at Fairmonts regularly at a young age, they always treated e with respect and I always remember that.
You know what? I'm 1000% with you there. I'm in my twenties, and look like i'm 12. Yet, that never has mattered at any Fairmont property. The look on their faces when they realize I'm not as old as they think I am (especially given my job title) when I did first meet them though is priceless.
Old Jul 27, 15, 1:19 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
OK, I'll jump in too...

I'd stayed occasionally at Fairmont hotels (and previously CP hotels) when I was younger (just turned 40, so I guess that's still young), but never really knew much about the loyalty program. I only joined the FPC program about 5 years ago on the PLAT5 program, since I had a few stays planned.

Last year I stayed about 35 nights at various Fairmont properties, which was the first time I didn't need PLAT5 to qualify, and like them mostly for their locations and history. I suppose the PLAT5 program paid off for Fairmont, since it got me interested in them.

I don't travel for work very much (other than locally), so my Fairmont stays are all vacations. I work as an executive in the Food and CPG industry in charge of finance, operations and client services.

My first Fairmont stay was probably the Chateau Laurier followed by the Chateau Frontenac. The Fairmont where I've logged the most nights is Fairmont Tremblant (average 15 nights per winter), followed by Banff Springs and Chateau Lake Louise (we like skiing and hiking).
Old Jul 27, 15, 2:07 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
For me, a last minute trip brought me to the Copley Plaza last fall and I was floored how amazing the redo was there. I had stayed there many times before it was a Fairmont. Interestingly, the rate there was less than Sheraton and Weston nearby, as has happened on more than a few occasions traveling for work.

In the US, the Fairmont Visa is an absolute bargain given the AF.

Heading to the DelMar tomorrow and expect it will be fabulous. Review to come for sure.

I'm one of the Yanks who has the pleasure of visiting our neighbors up north a lot.
Old Jul 27, 15, 6:50 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I'm retired and enjoy being a hobbyist. The Fairmont Visa card caught my attention and I asked my wife if there was a Fairmont she wanted to go to. After a little research, we decided to go Banff and Jasper. I got the card and asked Jasper 2009 for advice. He helped with everything. Needless to say our trip was absolutely fabulous. We are hooked on Fairmonts and use the Visa perks to plan our stays.

The card is my #1 Visa in my wallet. Making the $12,000 spend for a free night is a piece of cake. Needless to say, we plan a annual 4 night stay at a Fairmont.
Old Jul 28, 15, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Edited. Hyperlinked images are not working.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Aug 1, 15 at 10:28 pm

Search this Thread