Bonus - 3rd Night Free?

Old Jul 3, 15, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Bonus - 3rd Night Free?

I was trying to decide whether to use my 3rd Night Free on a December stay or wait and see if we'd need it for January or February. I just checked my account, and noticed this certificate (expiring in December) was applied last week (making my decision for me). Does anyone know what triggered this?
Old Jul 3, 15, 2:09 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
If the certificate was applied, then shouldn't it be because you used it? It says in your "My Certificates" page online which hotel redeemed it. If yours was redeemed incorrectly, then call the FPC line and have them reinstate it (which has also happened to me before).

I've found that some Fairmont properties are faster than others at redeeming certificates from my account. Some do it at check-in, some at check-out, some seem to drag on for a while before I see it redeemed, and in a few cases, I've had some properties never redeem a certificate which I used (only suite upgrades--I've never had a hotel forget to redeem a free night or food and beverage cert).
Old Jul 3, 15, 2:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Did you use it???

My unused 3rd night free expires Feb 29 2016 though, shouldn't be 12/31/2015
Old Jul 3, 15, 4:21 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl., Accor-Plat., Former FPC-Plat.
Fairmont sent out an email that mentioned a bonus 3rd night free certificate. Unlike the other Premiere and Platinum ones, this one expires on 12/31/15.

Some companies highlight "enhancements" that most of their customers wouldn't appreciate; but in this case something beneficial wasn't mentioned prominently. IIRC, the only reference to the certificate was on the left side of the email and almost looked like a standard offering for a 3rd night free w/o a certificate.
Old Jul 3, 15, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
If the certificate was applied, then shouldn't it be because you used it?
Sorry by "applied", I mean it was added to my account. I would use the term "redeemed" or "consumed" otherwise.

I'm just trying to figure out how I earned it.

Originally Posted by rny321 View Post
Fairmont sent out an email that mentioned a bonus 3rd night free certificate.
I never got that email, but that would explain it. (And before someone suggests it, it didn't go to spam because I don't filter that email address.)

Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
I've never had a hotel forget to redeem a free night or food and beverage cert
I have, on both counts.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jul 3, 15 at 4:58 pm
Old Jul 3, 15, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Fairmont sent out an email that mentioned a bonus 3rd night free certificate. Unlike the other Premiere and Platinum ones, this one expires on 12/31/15.

Some companies highlight "enhancements" that most of their customers wouldn't appreciate; but in this case something beneficial wasn't mentioned prominently. IIRC, the only reference to the certificate was on the left side of the email and almost looked like a standard offering for a 3rd night free w/o a certificate.
Interesting...never heard of that offer. Was the 3rd night free cert deposited into your FPC account automatically or did you have to do anything?
Old Jul 3, 15, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Interesting...never heard of that offer. Was the 3rd night free cert deposited into your FPC account automatically or did you have to do anything?
The certificate was added automatically.
Old Jul 3, 15, 5:35 pm

The certificate was added automatically.
In that case I suppose I wasn't targetted for this offer.
Old Jul 3, 15, 6:28 pm

In that case I suppose I wasn't targetted for this offer.
I don't know why I got one and so far you haven't. Perhaps it was a mistake and Fairmont will add one to your profile if you call.

For a data point, my wife and I began staying at Fairmont's regularly this year and I early qualified for Platinum. So it's possible that the bonus certificate was a new customer promotion.
Old Jul 3, 15, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

So it's possible that the bonus certificate was a new customer promotion.
We've been customers since 2012 and Premier every year. The date on ours is 22 June.
Old Jul 3, 15, 6:36 pm

I don't know why I got one and so far you haven't. Perhaps it was a mistake and Fairmont will add one to your profile if you call.

For a data point, my wife and I began staying at Fairmont's regularly this year and I early qualified for Platinum. So it's possible that the bonus certificate was a new customer promotion.
If you started staying at Fairmont properties regularly this year, maybe you qualified early for Premier status before qualifying early for Platinum status? Or did you already have Premier status?

Although in either case, I'd expect the expiry date to be 28/02.
Old Jul 3, 15, 6:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I am FPC Premier (in the last few months since I had Premier status without any certificates, so I got it manually fixed recently, don't recall if 3rd night was initially there)

This is what it says for me @ https://www.fairmont.com/my-fpc/cert...-certificates/
3rd Night Free 15/Apr/2015 29/Feb/2016
Old Jul 3, 15, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
This is what it says for me @ https://www.fairmont.com/my-fpc/cert...-certificates/
3rd Night Free 15/Apr/2015 29/Feb/2016
That's the normal 3rd Night Free cert. If you got this one, it would say Bonus - 3rd Night Free with a 31/Dec/2015 expiration.
Old Jul 3, 15, 7:04 pm

If you started staying at Fairmont properties regularly this year, maybe you qualified early for Premier status before qualifying early for Platinum status? Or did you already have Premier status?

Although in either case, I'd expect the expiry date to be 28/02.
I have a Fairmont credit card, so I started the year with Premier status. When I qualified early for Platinum, I received the Platinum certificates and Passion benefits as well. Combined I received 3 suite upgrades, 3 room upgrades, 1 3rd night free, 1 free night, $150 in dining credits plus my Passion selections. All of those certificates expire on 2/29/16.

The bonus certificate was issued on 6/22 and expires 12/31. My wife has Premier status and will qualify early for Platinum but did not receive the additional certificate.
Old Jul 12, 15, 9:01 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
I am neither Premier nor Platinum, but I got one of these around the beginning of July. Seems to be ex-gratia or a random act of kindness on Fairmont's part !
UPDATE: My certificate says it's from the FPC Newsletter & was awarded to me on June 22. Happy Summer Solstice to me !

Last edited by Brendan; Jul 13, 15 at 10:43 pm

Search this Thread