FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Fairmont survey about a new club level concept (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1663536-fairmont-survey-about-new-club-level-concept.html)

pancakex Mar 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Fairmont survey about a new club level concept

Got this in an email yesterday:
FRHI Hotels and Resorts is undertaking an important research initiative. We attach a great deal of value to feedback from our guests & hope that you will be able to play a part in this process.

Participating is easy. Simply click on the URL below (or paste into your web browser) & you will be taken to our secure survey website.

The questions are straightforward, participating will take no more than about 10 mins of your time & we think you'll find the experience interesting & enjoyable
I'm in the middle of filling it out right now - seems to be gauging the appeal of a Gold floor overhaul where the lounge is 24/7, everything is "local" and "curated", etc. :rolleyes:

All the & and lack of punctuation raised a red flag with me and made me wonder if this was a legit Fairmont communication, but it definitely seems as though it is. Haven't yet been asked for my SSN :p

Anyone else get an invite to participate in a survey?

pancakex Mar 15, 2015 4:01 pm

At first I was having a hard time telling how this is supposed to be different from the current Passion offerings, other than the 24/7 lounge hours. It started out talking up a lot of stuff that I was already aware of - sightseeing jogs, local entertainment (concerts, etc.), yoga mats, free breakfast, etc.

However ... near the end of the survey I was asked to rate some potential new features, like
- workout equipment and machines delivered to your room?!
- borrowing luxury jewelry or sporting goods during your stay
- specifying toiletries before your stay
- room service with items from local restaurants
- selecting grooming products (shavers, curling irons, etc.) you want in your room before your stay
- for an extra fee, having a local SIM card to use in your phone during your stay (This would be awesome!)

Seems like some fun ideas they're throwing around.

drron Mar 15, 2015 7:24 pm

I surprisingly got this survey.I have only stayed at 3 Fairmont hotels and that was 2013.
Interesting but the extra cost would be the decider for me.They did though ask what you would pay for the extras though.

Kagehitokiri Mar 22, 2015 1:50 am

Originally Posted by pancakex (Post 24511951)
- borrowing luxury jewelry or sporting goods during your stay
- for an extra fee, having a local SIM card to use in your phone during your stay (This would be awesome!)

very interesting

aviators99 Mar 22, 2015 8:02 am

I got it too.

Yes, the SIM card feature would be one of the best differentiators I've ever seen or imagined. I found myself wishing there were a way to rate that an order of magnitude higher than the other choices, or at least have a space for comments at the end where I could tell them.

Kagehitokiri Mar 27, 2015 1:44 pm

i seem to be the only person on flyertalk who doesnt use mobile phone internationally, so im guessing upscale/luxury hotels have basically zero guests who want sim cards etc

FrenchLaundry Mar 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Also got the survey. The concepts seem fine to me, but I'm quite skeptical about Fairmont's ability to deliver. The mobile phone operators seem barely capable of issuing SIM cards. How would a hotel chain manage the logistics? ;)

mahasamatman Mar 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry (Post 24585817)
The mobile phone operators seem barely capable of issuing SIM cards.

It's not always cheap, but I don't know of anywhere that's a problem.

Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry (Post 24585817)
How would a hotel chain manage the logistics?

1) Hotel buys some SIM cards.
2) Hotel loans/gives/sells them to customers.

FrenchLaundry Mar 30, 2015 9:29 am

Sorry, I may not have been too clear. I was jesting (or attempting to jest ;) ) about the logistics. Hour long waits at mobile operator retail outlets have been my experience in North America. That just won't work at a hotel check-in.