Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you use $25 Dining Certs on breakfast?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Thanks. I'll be there for 2 days next week. Hows the breakfast menu there?
It's an a la carte menu, unlike most Fairmont hotels. The menu seemed a little heavy and greasy but it's been a while.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Boston Copley Plaza

i just checked out of the Copley Plaza. Charged breakfast on Sunday morning and drinks Sunday night to my room. Used my 2 $25 certs at check out with no problem.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Combine $25 dining certificates?

Can you combine two $25 certificates or only 1 per meal?
Also any DP on the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise to apply a cert for breakfast or afternoon tea?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rj123456
You can use as many dining certs during one meal as you like.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Also any DP on the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise to apply a cert for breakfast or afternoon tea?
There is no limit on the number of dining certificates you can redeem at once.

I've redeemed them many times at Lake Louise, but I don't recall if any were applied against breakfast or afternoon tea. I typically applied them at checkout, and I recall they would reduce the charges against specific dining charges on the room account, but I can't say if any were for breakfast or if they even looked into the details of the charges they were reducing.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Combine $25 dining certificates?
Yes, you can combine as many certs as you want per meal.

And no, they can’t be used for breakfast, only for lunch or dinner, IME. I am sure someone will be along to say they have been able to in the past but I have tried at three different properties over the past couple of years, most recently at the Fairmont YVR in April, and, was told no all three times. Not sure about afternoon tea. Maybe call and ask?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Great, thanks! Going to CLL next Fri/Sat.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I was able to use my dining cert.s last year for breakfast in Jasper, where I was a room guest, so I charged to my room account. Also at Fairmont Vancouver as a walk-in, non-room guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.