FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Phone call to Fairmont HQ from Fairmont Hotels front desk? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1648352-phone-call-fairmont-hq-fairmont-hotels-front-desk.html)

phiota Jan 22, 2015 7:44 am

Phone call to Fairmont HQ from Fairmont Hotels front desk?

Just wondering if most international fairmont hotels will give you direct access (free phone call) to fairmont hq/reservations if you have a conflict on your reservations?

I had a conflict in my reservation in a fairmont hotel in asia where I was not able to meet the reservation terms (have to use a specific banks credit card) but when I called in hq reservations when booking the room they said nothing regarding this (nor did the fairmont website). I eventually resolved this issue by showing them my fairmont email confirmation (with no mention of that requirement). Took over an hour to resolve and what got me and my wife pissed off the most was that when I asked the hotel to let me give fairmont hq a call to resolve this they refused and seem to did not have a direct connection setup (did not know the phone number). I could not call from my mobile phone and their only solution was to have me first book the room at the higher rate and then call hq (which they will bill the international call to my room). Overall the hotel stay was good (got upgraded) but the beginning was unsatisfactory and unexpected.

AM6449 Jan 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by phiota (Post 24213428)
Just wondering if most international fairmont hotels will give you direct access (free phone call) to fairmont hq/reservations if you have a conflict on your reservations?

I had a conflict in my reservation in a fairmont hotel in asia where I was not able to meet the reservation terms (have to use a specific banks credit card) but when I called in hq reservations when booking the room they said nothing regarding this (nor did the fairmont website). I eventually resolved this issue by showing them my fairmont email confirmation (with no mention of that requirement). Took over an hour to resolve and what got me and my wife pissed off the most was that when I asked the hotel to let me give fairmont hq a call to resolve this they refused and seem to did not have a direct connection setup (did not know the phone number). I could not call from my mobile phone and their only solution was to have me first book the room at the higher rate and then call hq (which they will bill the international call to my room). Overall the hotel stay was good (got upgraded) but the beginning was unsatisfactory and unexpected.

If you asked them to call Fairmont directly, they should have been able to do so. There were instances where I've had minor issues overseas, and the Front desk manager has always been able to contact customer service. I usually explain the situation over the phone and hand the phone back to the Front Desk staff afterwards so that they can receive instructions on how to proceed.

phiota Jan 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by AM6449 (Post 24258593)
If you asked them to call Fairmont directly, they should have been able to do so. There were instances where I've had minor issues overseas, and the Front desk manager has always been able to contact customer service. I usually explain the situation over the phone and hand the phone back to the Front Desk staff afterwards so that they can receive instructions on how to proceed.

Yeah that's what I expected would happen also but like I said in original post they could/would not contact Fairmont Reservations/HQ. Good thing I had my smart phone to access my reservation emails. Overall had a good stay but disappointed at maybe both the hotel and fairmont hq (if they do not have a policy of forcing hotels to allow customer to contact HQ directly from front desk if there is any issue with already booked reservation).

PointWeasel Feb 1, 2015 9:30 am

Originally Posted by phiota (Post 24265848)
Yeah that's what I expected would happen also but like I said in original post they could/would not contact Fairmont Reservations/HQ. Good thing I had my smart phone to access my reservation emails. Overall had a good stay but disappointed at maybe both the hotel and fairmont hq (if they do not have a policy of forcing hotels to allow customer to contact HQ directly from front desk if there is any issue with already booked reservation).

Depending on which Fairmont property you are at in the world, asking for headquarters is likely not going to get a helpful response vs asking to speak with Fairmont reservations. Very different requests.

The call centre in New Brunswick looks after reservations, Platinum Desk, etc but the Fairmont corporate offices are in Toronto, hundreds of miles away.

While I have only needed Fairmont reps to speak to the property twice in my many years as an FPC Platinum member, I have never had an issue getting things resolved.

I recommend using Skype to call yourself (if the wifi is good enough to handle it) and have them reach out to the property directly if there is any issue.

Just my 2 cents.