Confused about qualification

Old Jan 1, 15, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
Confused about qualification

I have searched quite a bit but couldn't really figure out the answer to this question.

I qualified for Premier Status by Nov 2014, so my benefits begin on Mar 2015 - Feb 2016. However, by Jan 2015, I would have qualified for Premier Status for Mar 2016 - Feb 2017. By Aug 2015 I would have qualified for Platinum Status Mar 2016 - Feb 2017. Does that mean I get the following:

Jan 2015 (Early qualification)
US$50 dining voucher
1 room upgrade certificate
1 suite upgrade certificate
1 third night free certificate

Mar 2015 (Previous Year Qualification)
US$50 dining voucher
1 room upgrade certificate
1 suite upgrade certificate
1 third night free certificate

Aug 2015 (Early Plat Qualification)
US$100 dining voucher
2 room upgrade certificate
2 suite upgrade certificate
1 free night certificate

Mar 2016 (Plat Qualification)
US$100 dining voucher
2 room upgrade certificate
2 suite upgrade certificate
1 free night certificate

If so that is extremely generous of Fairmont, though something seems wrong with that.
Old Jan 1, 15, 12:31 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I'm pretty sure you'd only get one set of Premier certs - valid until Feb. 28, 2016.

Assuming the unpublished early qualification benefit doesn't disappear, you'd indeed get two sets of Platinum certs, so everything else looks correct to me.
Old Jan 2, 15, 10:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018
My experience

I had qualified in Sept/14 for Platinum status through the use of 5 stays on my Amex card. I had to email them to activate the status. When they activated the status and the certificates were added to my account. I received the complete set of platinum certificates - 1 comp room, 2 room upgrades, 2 suite upgrades, $100 in dinning/spa credits.

I have a reservation for the end of March/15 in Mexico (past the certificate expiry date), I called in and asked about using the upgrade for my stay. The reservation representative kindly extended the expiry dates on dinning and a room upgrade to April 15, 2015, so I can use them during my visit in the next program year.

I will received a new set of certificates at the end of February 2015 for the 2015/16 period.

Overall, it appears that one generally can only have one years of certificates in your account at one time without getting an exception made.

I have also used a number of the room/suite upgrades for my stays. In 3 out of the 4 uses, the hotel upgraded me, but did not registered that the certificate was used, so they remained outstanding and available to used again. Certainly a nice benefit.

Search this Thread