FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Room/Suite Upgrade Custom (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1626811-room-suite-upgrade-custom.html)

phiota Nov 6, 2014 10:53 pm

Room/Suite Upgrade Custom

I have both a room and suite upgrade certificate. Just wondering will they normally upgrade you to the next level up (no view to view...) or will they upgrade to a certain level (ie fairmont gold/signature...) regardless of which type of room/suite your booking.

Asking since it might be worth while to book the view/signature room if you can get upgraded to signature/gold vs. getting upgrade to view room if you book the lowest price room. thanks.

allbrosca Nov 7, 2014 2:13 am

Originally Posted by phiota (Post 23804735)
I have both a room and suite upgrade certificate. Just wondering will they normally upgrade you to the next level up (no view to view...) or will they upgrade to a certain level (ie fairmont gold/signature...) regardless of which type of room/suite your booking.

Asking since it might be worth while to book the view/signature room if you can get upgraded to signature/gold vs. getting upgrade to view room if you book the lowest price room. thanks.

I think it varies by hotel. Call in. They can be very helpful. Typically the ug cert will ug you one category. ie - std room to deluxe or resort view to partial ocean view and suite upgrade will upgrade you to suite in same category. eg - resort view room to resort view suite or ocean view room to ocean view suite.

Jasper2009 Nov 8, 2014 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by phiota (Post 23804735)

It depends on the property, but generally speaking a suite upgrade will get you an upgrade to the "designated suite upgrade category" - which generally is the lowest suite category (though a few hotels are a bit more generous).

A room upgrade cert generally entitles you to an upgrade to the next room category, excl. suites and Gold rooms. Typical examples would be Fairmont room -> Deluxe room or Fairmont room -> Fairmont View room, but it somewhat depends on the property.

Shenanigans Nov 11, 2014 6:07 am

I just stayed at the CLL and have a reservation at the JPL for next spring and with reference to Jasper2009's comment about different handling by different properties I can confirm the following:

At CLL I wanted a 1 BR Lakeview Suite which would not normally be allowed with a suite upgrade but they agreed to take both a room upgrade AND a suite upgrade certificate to make it happen.

At JPL, again they will only upgrade to a Junior Suite but as a Lakefront Suite was also available for my stay I offered to do the same thing there. They upgraded me to the bigger suite for ONLY the suite upgrade cert.

Both reservations were made through the Platinum Concierge hotline and both required brief holds while the Concierge contacted the properties directly. Obviously, YMMV depending on hotel demand for your dates but this is how it worked for me for November and April (not exactly high season for either property)

MtlFire Nov 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Using a room and suite upgrade as well as Amex FHR upgrade I got into an ocean front suite at the Orchid. A stones throw from the water and a huge 1400 square foot room. I never use the platinum concierge as they rarely have any flexibility to go beyond what the program allows. I always contact directly the concierge of the hotel, much better results.