Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Fairmont $100 Dining/Spa Credit for Test Driving a BMW

[Targeted] Fairmont $100 Dining/Spa Credit for Test Driving a BMW

Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by MtlFire
Tested the 435 grand coupe last night. Beautiful car, dealer highly suggested I smash the gas pedal to the floor more than once. Guy had no idea what fairmont promotion was until I mentioned it. Don't think many people around here signed up for it.
That could be because it's not available to anyone. It was a targeted promotion, and we don't know what percentage of FPC members were targeted. I certainly wasn't .

I test drive a nice car last night, however, but it wasn't a BMW. Maybe Fairmont somehow knows I've only ever had Caddy's and Buicks and highly unlikely to buy a BMW.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I was told there were roughly 50,000 people signed up for this offer by the sales guy at the dealer I went to. How correct he was, I have no idea.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:05 am

I received my $100 ecertificate on Fairmont after taking a BMW test drive 2 weeks ago
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thunder123
I received my $100 ecertificate on Fairmont after taking a BMW test drive 2 weeks ago
Did you get any email about it? or manually checked your FPC?

I gotta schedule mine then, driving BMW in the snow is gonna be fun
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Did you get any email about it? or manually checked your FPC?

I gotta schedule mine then, driving BMW in the snow is gonna be fun
no email - I checked my FPC page and an eCertificate was there for $100
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I signed up for the promo once it was first announced and have not received a call back from either BMW dealer in Calgary. This doesn't overly surprise me given their track record when it comes to customer service.

I called yesterday to get my 2 year old 550xi in for service as there is an extremely loud metal on metal noise coming from the right rear and their response was... we can get you an appt in 3 weeks time. If that doesn't work, you can drop it off and we will get to it when we get to it which may take a couple of weeks with no loaner! Unfortunately taking it across town isn't even better. The joys of living in YYC.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by thunder123
Did the BMW person grab your fairmont #?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by tjex
Did the BMW person grab your fairmont #?
you provide it when you apply for the test drive in the email link
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Accor Platinum,Aeroplan,BA,Marriot Rewards, Alaska Airlines, Amex Platinum, SPG
I applied when the email fist came about a month ago. The dealer emailed within a couple of days letting me know he had already marked me down as having test driven a BMW and had submitted the paperwork. He said it sometimes take a couple months for credit to post, and to call him whenever I am in the market to test drive. I thought that seems classier and makes me more inclined to do so since there was no pressure. The certificate came after about a week.^
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kay sedia
I applied when the email fist came about a month ago. The dealer emailed within a couple of days letting me know he had already marked me down as having test driven a BMW and had submitted the paperwork. He said it sometimes take a couple months for credit to post, and to call him whenever I am in the market to test drive. I thought that seems classier and makes me more inclined to do so since there was no pressure. The certificate came after about a week.^
Wow, for sure, saves everyone some hassles

Although it's kinda funny for dealers to "assume" signups != actual car buyers
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
100$ posted to my account, 2 weeks from the test drive. Good till December 31st 2015.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Wow, for sure, saves everyone some hassles

Although it's kinda funny for dealers to "assume" signups != actual car buyers
I'd just like to know how to get 'targeted' for one of these offers... I've been actively researching cars for the past month, as I'll be trading mine in some time in the new year. Since they couldn't be bothered to invite me, I'm making it a point to not consider any BMWs. I think I've pretty much narrowed down my choices now anyway. I'll wait out the winter and see what deals are to be found between now and the end of the current model year.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:44 pm

Took full advantage of this impossible to resist offer.....

Sweet ride, very intelligent car! Love, love, love the Fairmont/BMW partnership. Two outstanding brands - a match made in travel heaven. Kudos to the marketing/promo partner, great idea!

Looking forward to using the cert at the Hawaiian properties this winter ;o)
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Took the test the 14th November, still waiting for the cert...
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Took the test drive this morning. The dealership had 2employees handling all the AMEX test drives. Pretty simple. He asked me what car I wanted to try, had a predetermined route that was about a mile long and we were back and I got my gift card. Took about 15 minutes! Not bad. Maybe I got the express treatment because after he asked me if I was in the market for a new car, I replied to be honest, no, and as a matter of fact the one I have just cracked 10,000 km. As it turns out, the car I was to test drive was parked right beside mine, which he figured out right away, and I think he asked more questions about my car than he did telling me about the BMW!

And it wasn't a $100 Dining/Spa Credit, it was a Cdn$100 gift card. I don't think there are any restrictions on how I use it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.