Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Palm Dubai - Achieving status whilst there

Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Hi there, I'm after some advice. I've booked the Fairmont, Dubai Palm for a week in October with my family, via BA holidays.

I've just enrolled in the Presidents Club and managed to reclaim 7 nights from a stay in Mont Tremblant earlier this year.

According to the scheme I get the next level at 10 nights so my question is will this happen during during my stay. I've only booked a standard room but I am keen for an upgrade to a better room if possible?

Failing that any suggestions on best way to get an upgrade I am prepared to pay something but not the full difference.

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Beergander
Hi there, I'm after some advice. I've booked the Fairmont, Dubai Palm for a week in October with my family, via BA holidays.

I've just enrolled in the Presidents Club and managed to reclaim 7 nights from a stay in Mont Tremblant earlier this year.

According to the scheme I get the next level at 10 nights so my question is will this happen during during my stay. I've only booked a standard room but I am keen for an upgrade to a better room if possible?

Failing that any suggestions on best way to get an upgrade I am prepared to pay something but not the full difference.

Thanks
Your stay will only post ~a week after youve checked out and it can take a while fo your status to get upgraded (depending on when your stay is and how early qualification is handled this year it could take until March 1, 2014 to receive any benefits), so you wont be able to use any Premier benefits on that stay.

When you make a res on the Fairmont website, sometimes standby upgrades are offered at a discounted rate, but that obviously doesnt apply to your situation. Your only options would be to contact the hotel directly or ask at check-in.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that, I thought that may be the case. I'll drop the hotel a line with my membership details the week before to see what's available!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Beergander
Thanks for that, I thought that may be the case. I'll drop the hotel a line with my membership details the week before to see what's available!
Just to be clear: I wasnt talking about free upgrades, but rather contacting the hotel regarding upgrades for a fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.