Fairmont extending certificate dates

Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Fairmont extending certificate dates

I thought I recalled that last year Fairmont extended their Feb 28 deadline to use up certificates. Is this usual practice and we can expect it this year? Again, I'm not entirely sure if this did happen last year.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
I have no recollection of that but have had the platinum desk extend them on a case by case basis usually based on already having reservations in March and April.

Did this last year for our trip to Singapore, for example. Extended suite upgrade and dining certificates into April. Have also done this for the BSH in years past.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
FPC did indeed extend upgrade certs by one month last year, but it´s not something they have done regularly, so I wouldn´t count on it happening again.

However, as others have mentioned, FPC has usually been quite generous in extending certs by a month if you were a somewhat loyal customer and had an upcoming reservation. As usual no guarantees such a request will be honored, but it´s definitely worth asking.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:10 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I was able to use all of my 2012 certificates! (with the exception of 3 gold upgrades)

that was much fun!

Seattle - Room Up
PacRim - Visa Free Night + Suite + $100
Miramar - Free Night + Suite
Savoy - Visa Free Night + Room Up
Monte Carlo - $350

What to do with 3 Gold Ups... I suppose I will use them at Whistler for Skiing.

With the new Visa Card I took a look at my annual Fairmont Spend.
($4110 over 28 room nights)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I still have a free night + suite upgrade + Authentically Local Food Experience. Sent a email to FPC to ask if it would be possible to use them beginning of March... They were all extended to the 15th March ^
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Nice, I still have all my Plat certs except for the free night (I used a suite upgrade in DC but the hotel didn't deduct it...) so I should probably call to get them extended, too.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:12 pm

I was unsuccessful at getting a suite cert and the dining certs extended for a stay I have upcoming 3/31-4/4.

I am paying nothing for the room for the 4 nights at the Kea Lani, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

Oh well...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pickles1107
I was unsuccessful at getting a suite cert and the dining certs extended for a stay I have upcoming 3/31-4/4.

I am paying nothing for the room for the 4 nights at the Kea Lani, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

Oh well...
IME it's mainly based on the number of nights/stays you spent at Fairmnt hotels over the last years, in particular it seems that "regular" Premier?Platinum members get treated slightly better than members who got Premier /Platinum status for free, which does make some sense IMO.

Also, the fact you were asking for the certs to be extended by more than one month may not have helped.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
IME it's mainly based on the number of nights/stays you spent at Fairmnt hotels over the last years, in particular it seems that "regular" Premier?Platinum members get treated slightly better than members who got Premier /Platinum status for free, which does make some sense IMO.

Also, the fact you were asking for the certs to be extended by more than one month may not have helped.
Makes total sense...I knew it was a long shot and certainly wasn't expecting it.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA PLAT FPC PLAT
I was successful in extending exactly to 4/4 last year. HUCA
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:41 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle Elite
Successfully extended dining credits and free suite upgrade until the end of March as the Chateau Whistler had no availability for the dates I was trying to book in Feb and made a booking for March instead. Awesome!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:14 pm

Are you guys Premiere/Elite by stays or in my case Premiere solely due to the credit card?

Are you guys calling or emailing? Wondering if I went about it the wrong way...
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Concierge confirmed they extended certs last year, but I got denied when asking to extend the certs earlier this month. Perhaps I'll try again. I've got one suite upgrade remaining.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Concierge confirmed they extended certs last year, but I got denied when asking to extend the certs earlier this month. Perhaps I'll try again. I've got one suite upgrade remaining.
Hee hee, I have 2 room ug, 1 suite up, 1 $25 dining cert, 1 $25 spa cert expiring and don't bother to ask/beg for extension. Just let them expire. Next week, there will be new fresh ones.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Try sending a e-mail, they agree to extend mine for 2 weeks. Will use free night + upgrade in Corner Suite at the Chateau Laurier the 2-3 March (better than let them expire).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.