Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont extending certificate dates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
I had a suite upgrade, free night, and $100 passions dining certificate extended to the end of April for a reservation in that month. Ended up using the suite upgrade and free night in Banff already though.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:17 am

No luck extending my breakfast and room upgrade certs to end of April while making my reservation. I'm only a Premier member through the Chase card. Only three paid nights last year
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:54 pm

I emailed them a while ago and got mine extended to May of this year, no questions asked.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:46 pm

I wonder if it's different with Chase certificates. I called to change my reservation to a few weeks earlier and inquired again about extending them. Was told to contact the Chase-Fairmont coordinator. See if I can reach her tomorrow or else I'll email.

Update: No reply via email so called the general customer service line and they extended Chase breakfast certs to mid-March. The agent sounded a lot like the Chase coordinator but didn't confirm. Yay!

Last edited by pandas; Mar 1, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:26 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by chawk12
I emailed them a while ago and got mine extended to May of this year, no questions asked.
what exactly did you email em? what all exactly did you get extended to may? and what email did you send em the note at?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by FTR 787
what exactly did you email em? what all exactly did you get extended to may? and what email did you send em the note at?
Found their email via their contact us page. Got my free nights extended along with upgrades.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:09 am

Have any Plats (or anybody actually) here tried to extend expiring FPC certs since the July 2nd Accorification date? If so, were you successful. I assume this would really only apply to Chase Visa Free Night certs so far since there would be no other certs expiring yet.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
update

I called the contact centre in Moncton a couple of weeks ago to reserve my additional free night reward. So I asked them this very question. The anwer (unsurprisingly) was no.
More generally, I am happy to know that the former FPC staff are still in place. They have been so helpful over # years. The fact they are no longer able to extend expiry dates on certs is not surprising. Accor is its own entity with its own policies and procedures.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I was booking a stay for March 21 through Moncton and was told there would be no extensions this year. YMMV
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I'm not sure if I am blind or losing my mind. I can't find my certs anywhere on the Fairmont/Accor website! (I found them back in Sept.) Can anyone walk me through the steps to find them? TIA
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'm not sure if I am blind or losing my mind. I can't find my certs anywhere on the Fairmont/Accor website! (I found them back in Sept.) Can anyone walk me through the steps to find them? TIA
Have a look at the end of this thread...

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

I suspect you're just another one of us, who for some mysterious reason, unknown even to Accor, have not been able to see our certs on the website for the past week. The advice I received by CS, was that they had no idea why it was happening, but to check back later. Your certs should still be there and be usable, but you just can't see them.

But fear not... Accor's crack IT team, who is both skilled and dedicated to the cause, is on top of it! Just as soon as they finish their union lunch break, they might take a shot at trying to figure out what caused the mess, or will at least come up with some reason to blame it on you, the customer.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Have a look at the end of this thread...

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

I suspect you're just another one of us, who for some mysterious reason, unknown even to Accor, have not been able to see our certs on the website for the past week. The advice I received by CS, was that they had no idea why it was happening, but to check back later. Your certs should still be there and be usable, but you just can't see them.

But fear not... Accor's crack IT team, who is both skilled and dedicated to the cause, is on top of it! Just as soon as they finish their union lunch break, they might take a shot at trying to figure out what caused the mess, or will at least come up with some reason to blame it on you, the customer.
Thanks for that. As if I didn't have enough of Marriott's feces covered IT. Sigh

(Ironic that I just got an email from Accor today encouraging me to use my certs. )

Last edited by margarita girl; Nov 9, 2018 at 11:44 am
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:13 pm

Thanks for that. As if I didn't have enough of Marriott's feces covered IT. Sigh

(Ironic that I just got an email from Accor today encouraging me to use my certs. )
I got the same e-mail, which prompted me to log in to my account, and discover that the problem remains unresolved (not that I expected they would actually get it right).
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: *G

Yes, got one too. Planning to use a bunch this weekend.

I am also planning to use some on the last possible day, ie Feb 28, and have been cautioned to ensure that the hotel applies them as soon as we arrive, or I might be out of luck checking out on Mar 1. But does anyone know if there is a drop dead time zone - Moncton time, Paris time - or knowing Accor IT, whenever they feel like it?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by fin 645
Yes, got one too. Planning to use a bunch this weekend.

I am also planning to use some on the last possible day, ie Feb 28, and have been cautioned to ensure that the hotel applies them as soon as we arrive, or I might be out of luck checking out on Mar 1. But does anyone know if there is a drop dead time zone - Moncton time, Paris time - or knowing Accor IT, whenever they feel like it?
I can't answer the part about the specific cut-off time, but the hotel is supposed to redeem the certificates at check-in. If you have a booking that includes the use of an upgrade certificate, and they forget to redeem it upon check-in, that should be their problem, not yours. The terms and conditions say the certificates must be valid at the time of check-in. If they were valid, and you checked in on Feb 28, you will have met your part of the terms.

With Fairmont, I would not have been concerned. With Accor, something tells me they will royally screw it up, and then try to blame it on you and say the upgrade isn't valid! Just in case, be sure you have screen prints and written confirmations of the validity of the certificates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.