Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont extending certificate dates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:40 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
A suite certificate & upgrade certificates extended to April 30/14 today.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:10 pm

Got them to extend my suite certificate to March 16 (was checking out March 16th). Hotel didnt have any suites left so ended up not using it anyways.

Have another stay 27-30th this month. Tried to extend the suite certificate, but they wouldnt let me. They let me extend the Room Upgrade certificate. Not sure why they'd let me do one but not the other, seems odd.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sadhakim
Got them to extend my suite certificate to March 16 (was checking out March 16th). Hotel didnt have any suites left so ended up not using it anyways.

Have another stay 27-30th this month. Tried to extend the suite certificate, but they wouldnt let me. They let me extend the Room Upgrade certificate. Not sure why they'd let me do one but not the other, seems odd.
Call the hotel and explain what happened, FPC Loyalty decided to not extend the suite upgrade certificate, and remains unused. Talk to the front desk to see if they can do anything for you.

Happy to report that my wife's suite upgrade certificate was extended and used. We would not have made the stay without the extension of the suite upgrade. We extend our gratitude to FPC loyalty for valuing our business.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:56 pm

I've got some certificates expiring at the beginning of next year...is it unrealistic to ask them to extend them until the end of that year?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I've got some certificates expiring at the beginning of next year...is it unrealistic to ask them to extend them until the end of that year?
Yes. If at all, certs are usually only extended just before they expire, and only for another 2-6 weeks. And it's not a guaranteed in any case.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:26 pm

I figured...it never hurts to ask though, lol
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I gave all mine away last year, and I doubt I'll use very many of them this year either - so off they will go
Want to re-emphasize a key point. Why do you want to extend your certs, when you can give them away? (much better than AP, which removed the option of sharing e-upgrades for all but SE's).
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
2014 Cert Extension?

Has anyone successfully extended their 2014 certificates?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by CrampedInY
Has anyone successfully extended their 2014 certificates?
I have a stay in March and got my certificates extended to use for that stay, used the suite upgrade and get the dining certificates as well
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:52 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I am staying at Chateau Frontenac next weekend, arriving on the 27th until March 2nd. Do you know if I can ask them to use one of my certs expiring on the 28th? Or is it better to send FPC desk an email asking them to do it. Not a huge deal since I usually have an extra one at the end of each year but never hurts to ask.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I would ask to extend the cert until the 2nd of March before your stay, just in case...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I would ask to extend the cert until the 2nd of March before your stay, just in case...
I have a March stay coming up, and called and asked for an extension. They verified I had an upcoming reso, and then applied 2014 cert's to March stay. Great customer service - thanks Fairmont.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:06 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Well, the FPC email team just set a new record (for me) for replying. 3 minutes after my email they confirmed they extended the certificate for my stay. Will echo the poster above: Great customer service (as usual) from Fairmont. Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: CX, Marriott
Thanks to the information on the last few posts, I called FPC today and they gladly extended a 2014 suite cert to my March reservation in Singapore!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:32 pm

My request to extend certs for a couple of March stays was granted. The customer service is the main reason I try to stay at Fairmont, whenever possible.

Echo... Thanks Fairmont for providing great customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.