Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by lbotez
Did you see how Fairmont will be folded into the AccorHotels program next year? Really sucks. http://www.fpcmembersite.com
I'm not holding my breath, but it will be interesting to see if Accor eventually comes out with a credit card.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TTT103
The terms and conditions stated that the card must be open and in good standing in order to receive the annual free night. I'm not sure why people were surprised that they had to fight tooth and nail to receive their free night if they cancelled their card before the free night posted. Was it not worth paying the annual fee one more year in exchange for a $900 room at The Plaza?
There does seem to have been a lack of clarity, but I agree that the suggestion that there's something wrong that only people who complained got an exception is off.
Also, given the timing of this, was any one actually able to book the Plaza? I called the day the night but my account and there was nothing in the short window available.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:31 am

The terms and conditions stated that the card must be open and in good standing in order to receive the annual free night. I'm not sure why people were surprised that they had to fight tooth and nail to receive their free night if they cancelled their card before the free night posted. Was it not worth paying the annual fee one more year in exchange for a $900 room at The Plaza?
The letter that came from Chase explaining how you get a free night was pretty clear with this exact wording:

"If you've spent $12k on your card by August 14, we'll deposit a Complimentary Night Cert into your profile on fairmont.com either 6 weeks after your anniversary date, or 8-10 weeks after August 15th, whichever comes first."

The letter did NOT say anything to the effect that the card must be open and in good standing. Why should I have to fight for what their letter clearly said I would get? BTW, Chase's letter can be seen here:
Chase Fairmont Credit Card is being replaced with ... - myFICO® Forums - 4975728
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
The letter that came from Chase explaining how you get a free night was pretty clear with this exact wording:

"If you've spent $12k on your card by August 14, we'll deposit a Complimentary Night Cert into your profile on fairmont.com either 6 weeks after your anniversary date, or 8-10 weeks after August 15th, whichever comes first."

The letter did NOT say anything to the effect that the card must be open and in good standing. Why should I have to fight for what their letter clearly said I would get? BTW, Chase's letter can be seen here:
Chase Fairmont Credit Card is being replaced with ... - myFICO® Forums - 4975728
I don't think it's clear that Chase would do something for you if you're no longer a cardholder. And yes, many times in life you have to fight for things you're entitled to.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Also, given the timing of this, was any one actually able to book the Plaza? I called the day the night but my account and there was nothing in the short window available.
I was able to book the Plaza for June, but nothing in the short term. The Plaza and Savoy have strict monthly limits on free room nights.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady

The Terms and Conditions within the Cardmember Agreement states that accounts must be open and in good standing in order to receive the free night. Just about every credit card issuer out there has the same policy. Benefits do not continue after accounts are closed. People read far too much into the letter, and tried to interpret it to best accommodate their own situations. It was absolutely clear what the procedure was. People just didn't want to pay the measly annual fee.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:00 am

I was able to book the Plaza for June, but nothing in the short term. The Plaza and Savoy have strict monthly limits on free room nights.
Yes, I know about the limits. I was thinking for those of us who got the certificates that had to be used by February.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Benefits do not continue after accounts are closed. People read far too much into the letter, and tried to interpret it to best accommodate their own situations. It was absolutely clear what the procedure was. People just didn't want to pay the measly annual fee.
I PCd my Fairmont to a CFU on the first day available to avoid paying the Fairmont fee. I received my free night as my "account" was still opened.

PCing was mentioned many times during the summer months, some chose to do the PC, many others chose to close their accounts.

And others chose to ignore the terms and believe their own (incorrect) facts.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
reading the post and got conflicting posts
are the expiration date on the certs "book by" or "stay by" dates?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhze
reading the post and got conflicting posts
are the expiration date on the certs "book by" or "stay by" dates?
for fairmont, definitely it is stay by
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by gnomey
for fairmont, definitely it is stay by
More specifically, it's "check in by". The cert needs to be valid and available at check-in, and it doesn't matter if your stay continues beyond the expiry date.
Brendan and mhdena like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
NEWS FLASH! I just phoned Fairmont about something else, and the rep told me that because I was a Chase Fairmont Visa cardmember last year (until the Aug. 14 end) that my Premier Status will be renewed for 2018! Woo-hoo! I will get the traditional cert.s: B2G1, Suite Upgrade, Room Upgrade, & 2x US$25 food/ bev/ spa certificates ! They will be valid thru Feb. 28/ 2019.

Last edited by Brendan; Jun 16, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I'll believe that when I see it
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Yea that's good news if true. The meal cert was great during my last stay.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Brendan
NEWS FLASH! I just phoned Fairmont about something else, and the rep told me that because I was a Chase Fairmont Visa cardmember last year (until the Aug. 14 end) that my Premier Status will be renewed for 2018! Woo-hoo! I will get the traditional cert.s: B2G1, Suite Upgrade, Room Upgrade, & 2x US$25 food/ bev/ spa certificates ! I assume they will be valid thru Feb. 28/ 2019.
Reading the Accors program announcement literally, it says whatever status you have as of 6/30/18 will be extended through 2019, so you are good until the end of 2019 if this is true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.