Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by TTT103
Cancelling the Saphire may have been the problem.
I Product Changed to a Freedom Unlimited on Aug 14. I got my my cert yesterday. My new card has the same number.

I'm not sure about closing completely, though seems like if you earned the cert it would go to Fairmont.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Everything
Originally Posted by trey
I had cancelled my Sapphire card and called Chase this morning and they said I had earned the night and to call Fairmont. I called Fairmont and was told it would take the rest of the week before everyone's free nights were posted, so I wouldn't stress yet.
Thank you, @trey, I like your answer very much.

Each time, I have called Chase, they have assured me that my husband and I have met the criteria for receiving the certs.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by mhdena
I Product Changed to a Freedom Unlimited on Aug 14. I got my my cert yesterday. My new card has the same number.

I'm not sure about closing completely, though seems like if you earned the cert it would go to Fairmont.
It looks like there may be a flicker of hope for my buddy who was told that he was basically out of luck this morning by Chase.

My own cert posted yesterday with an October expiration. $12K was spent by August 14th. I held on to the CSP, as it doesn't renew until November, but haven't used it. I'll likely product change to the Freedom when the fee hits in a few weeks.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I just had a look at the T&C here http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/c...nd-conditions/ and it says:

Anniversary Bonus Night: If your Net Purchases total $12,000 or more annually, on your Anniversary you will receive a certificate ("Certificate") redeemable for one night's stay at any Fairmont hotel or resort worldwide.....
....To be eligible for this bonus offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

So that may be their way out if you have closed out your card. I am extrapolating here that they mean the replacement product, be it the CSP or a downgraded card, is the account they are referring to that needs to be open and not in default.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by gnomey
Why do some get Feb expiration while others get Oct expiration?

Mine is Feb expiration too (got it from the 6K spending) Was hoping to use it for April travel. Any chance to "appeal" for extension?
Yeah, this is BS. I spent over 7k, and would have gone to 12k, but Fairmont insisted I would only get a 2/28 cert no matter how much I spent.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by TTT103
If you spent $6K by the August date, you received a February expiration. If you spent $12K by the August date, you received an October 2018 expiration.

This was all spelled out in the letter sent from Chase/Fairmont; however, folks were making inaccurate assumptions. Plus they were receiving contradictory information when calling Chase and Fairmont. The letter is what individuals should have gone by.
The letter was not clear, and in fact, Fairmont told me ALL certs would have the 2/26 exp, as stated in the letter.
They insisted 12 months was only if your anniversary date was before Aug 14.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:14 pm

* 2/28 exp, that is. Can anyone who received a cert good until October confirm that they had less than 12 months to spend the $12k? Or were your anniversary dates somewhere between the letter being sent and the Aug 14th date?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Ramonmv
* 2/28 exp, that is. Can anyone who received a cert good until October confirm that they had less than 12 months to spend the $12k? Or were your anniversary dates somewhere between the letter being sent and the Aug 14th date?
My anniversary date is Feb., long before the letter was sent. I spent $12k between Feb and August and got the cert that is valid until Oct. 16, 2018.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
My anniversary date is Feb., long before the letter was sent. I spent $12k between Feb and August and got the cert that is valid until Oct. 16, 2018.
Thanks. That's just wrong, that Fairmont gave me bad information. Chase actually originally said otherwise, but then agreed with Fairmont when pushed on it.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
The letter was not clear, and in fact, Fairmont told me ALL certs would have the 2/26 exp, as stated in the letter.
They insisted 12 months was only if your anniversary date was before Aug 14.
The letter was crystal clear. Spend $12k by August 14 and you get a cert valid for one year from the date of issue (Oct. 16, 2018).

Spend $6k by August 14 and the cert will only be valid until Feb. 28/18.

Here is a link to a copy of the letter http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Cred...re/m-p/4975728.
Brendan, Adam1222, mhdena and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
The letter was crystal clear. Spend $12k by August 14 and you get a cert valid for one year from the date of issue (Oct. 16, 2018).

Here is a link to a copy of the letter http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Cred...re/m-p/4975728.
It was clear in the letter, the forum, and multiple blogs... It wasn't in legalese. If you didn't understand, that's on you.
Brendan, mhdena and oopl like this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:06 pm

I absolutely agree that the letter was clear, but apparently not clear to everyone. I’m perplexed as to what the confusion was with the letter????

I just read the letter again, and it made sense to me (and I’m no rocket scientist).
Brendan, mhdena and oopl like this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
I see a class-action suit brewing, if those of us with canceled cards are denied our certificate.
You're expecting benefits from a credit card you closed? Very weak argument there.
TTT103 and Ramonmv like this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by oopl
You're expecting benefits from a credit card you closed? Very weak argument there.
No- he's expecting benefits from a card that was closed by Chase and in which he met all the requirements for the benefit before the card was closed. There was no suggestion, much less any condition, that the replacement card he never asked for had to be kept open.

I was told explicitly by Chase yesterday that I had met the conditions even though I cancelled the card and that it had been noted as such in my Chase file. However, to date the night has not posted.

However, this is not a class action situation. Setting everything else aside, there is not sufficient economic incentive for a lawyer to take it on.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by trey
No- he's expecting benefits from a card that was closed by Chase and in which he met all the requirements for the benefit before the card was closed. There was no suggestion, much less any condition, that the replacement card he never asked for had to be kept open.

I was told explicitly by Chase yesterday that I had met the conditions even though I cancelled the card and that it had been noted as such in my Chase file. However, to date the night has not posted.

However, this is not a class action situation. Setting everything else aside, there is not sufficient economic incentive for a lawyer to take it on.
The replacement card is simply an extension of the previous account. Same card number and I even continued to use my old Fairmont card until the beginning of October even though I had the new CSP, just because I had the old card in my wallet. The Fairmont card still worked just fine, it just earned UR rather than Fairmont points. The card/account was never closed, unless one chose to close it. It just transitioned to a new loyalty earning model.

I hope you are successful but the T&C are clear enough for them to fall back on if they want to dig in their heels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.