Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by mhdena
Upon further review this was issued July 11, 2017 so is probably my anniversary certificate for $12K spend.

So I should still get the one for the August 14 spend.
I was going to say that. I have one that expires 6/30, but should be getting another for 2/28.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
UGH!!!.. after calling them and telling them specifically that I did NOT want another Chase Sapphire card (as I already have the CSR) they go ahead and put one on my account anyway.. nobody LISTENS anymore.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Are there any reports on whether cardmembers of 2017 who earn Premier status in the rest of 2017, will get Gold Upgrade Certificates on March 1/ 2018??
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by nmenaker
UGH!!!.. after calling them and telling them specifically that I did NOT want another Chase Sapphire card (as I already have the CSR) they go ahead and put one on my account anyway.. nobody LISTENS anymore.
Did you read the letter? You can cancel the card if you don't like the changes.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
FYI:

Tried to get cert sooner, so I could use while visiting Maui next month.
Here is reply from Fairmont:

"If you have earned the Visa complimentary night already, it unfortunately wouldn’t be assigned to your account until at least October."
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
FYI:

Tried to get cert sooner, so I could use while visiting Maui next month.
Here is reply from Fairmont:

"If you have earned the Visa complimentary night already, it unfortunately wouldn’t be assigned to your account until at least October."
That sucks! But thanks for sharing the data point. My wife and I are staying at the Kea Lani in early October; but using the two free night certs we received by signing up for the Fairmont card before it went *poof*!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Anyone get the CSP in the mail yet? I wonder if ill get my freedom before csp lol
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Anyone get the CSP in the mail yet? I wonder if ill get my freedom before csp lol
Nope, nothing yet.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
That sucks! But thanks for sharing the data point. My wife and I are staying at the Kea Lani in early October; but using the two free night certs we received by signing up for the Fairmont card before it went *poof*!
That's where used my two sign-up nights, too. Very nice resort.
I have one cert now, but not worth it to stay there only one night.
Back then, they even let me book the room before the certs were in my account. They were there before my vacation, and I just called and changed from paid to free.

But I thought others would like to know that they are unlikely to get certs before October. So only a 5 month window to use them.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:56 am

Back then, they even let me book the room before the certs were in my account. They were there before my vacation, and I just called and changed from paid to free.
You booked it through Fairmont or directly with hotel? I'm planing our Xmas trip to Orchid and would like to try the same method. I think the new cert should arrive by mid Dec.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by oopl
Did you read the letter? You can cancel the card if you don't like the changes.
of course I read the letter, and of course I can cancel, but I don't like new credit being opened and then cancelling it shortly thereafter.. that is why I had the credit balance transferred to another CHASE card I had and requested NO new card to be opened.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:31 pm

That's where used my two sign-up nights, too. Very nice resort.
I have one cert now, but not worth it to stay there only one night.

But I thought others would like to know that they are unlikely to get certs before October. So only a 5 month window to use them.
Depends on how you got the certificate. If it's for 12 months, and you spent $12K, you get a year to use it. If it's for less than 12 months, and you spent $6K, then it's only good until the end of Feb 2018.

It's in the letter from Fairmont.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
PC'd on 8/14... Just got my freedom card in the mail. Not sure if CSP was even/ever made. Also got my AF refund on account! Score!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Data Point: Received Chase Fairmont Card 2/01/17 this year. Had put 16K in spend. Additional night has not shown up, but have received two additional stays for FPC on 8/17/17.

Last edited by jimmygottfredson; Aug 25, 2017 at 11:01 am
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
PC'd on 8/14... Just got my freedom card in the mail. Not sure if CSP was even/ever made. Also got my AF refund on account! Score!
Did you do the CSP->CS->CF conversion, or did you do CSP->CF directly?

I asked to have the latter done today via SM to Chase, but got turned down saying card ownership is not yet up to 1 year. So perhaps, I had to do the former...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.