Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by Finkface
I'm clear on my own situation with a Feb anniversary date. This was in response to those who were saying they had been told by Chase reps that the certs would only be good until the end of Feb regardless of $6k/$12k spend despite the letter saying otherwise.

What I was referring to are those who have an anniversary date in the summer, let's say June (after the announcement). They make the $12k spend and get their free night cert. Some are questioning if they make another $6k or $12k spend before Aug 14, will they get a second free night as they are in a new annual period.
Yes, they should. They should contact Chase and Fairmont to confirm, however.
I earned my cert in May, got the cert after the announcement, and will be getting another, by spending $6k or $12k before the 14th. Both Chase and Fairmont confirmed this. Chase actually referred me to Fairmont, saying that they knew more about it, but both agreed that I would get another cert.

At the very least, I can do a 2-night stay prior to Feb 28, 2018. And also use all those food and upgrade certs.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
I went back and checked my last message from Chase.
Here it is, dated June 17, 2017:

For your spending starting May 19, 2016 through your first
statement after the anniversary date (June 9th), you have
spent a total of $12,819.05. You have met the
required spending and we ask that you allow six to eight
weeks for the complimentary night to be deposited.

For your current spending you have spent a total of
$xxx.xx

If you spend at least $12,000 or more by August 14th, a
complimentary night certificate will be deposited into
your rewards account either six weeks after your
anniversary date or eight to ten weeks after August 15th,
whichever comes first. This certificate will be issued
until February 28, 2018. You can redeem this certificate
up to one
year after the date it's issues.

Since you do not have a full 12 months to reach $12,000,
we will give you a complimentary night certificate if you
have spent at least $6,000 on your Fairmont card by August
14, 2017. The certificate will be good for six months
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:29 pm

Only question now is if Fairmont agrees with that. I'll call them tonight.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:53 pm

Couldn't reach them by phone, but here is response from Nikki at FPC, when I asked if what Chase told me was accurate:

"That is not accurate. You are only eligible to receive the certificate that will be valid from the date it is issued in October through February 28th, 2018. I can confirm that the certificate will not be valid for one year.

This information is also provided in writing in the end of program notification letter mailed out in June. "If you don’t have a full 12 months to reach $12,000, we’ll give you the Complimentary Night certificate if you’ve spent at least $6,000 on your Fairmont card by August 14. This will be a one-time courtesy. We’ll deposit that certificate into your profile on Fairmont.com within 8 to 10 weeks, but it will only be valid until February 28, 2018"

To reiterate, any spend above $6000 will not impact the certificate issued or the length of time for which it will be valid.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ramonmv

To reiterate,.[/B]
Looks like Nikki didn't reiterate the $12K spend equals one year expiration to August 2018.

She didn't address it at all.

Seems pretty simple from the letter I (and everyone else) got,

$6K = 6 months (Feb '18),
$12K = 12 months (August '18).
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
Looks like Nikki didn't reiterate the $12K spend equals one year expiration to August 2018.

She didn't address it at all.

Seems pretty simple from the letter I (and everyone else) got,

$6K = 6 months (Feb '18),
$12K = 12 months (August '18).
Actually, she made it clear that $12k doesn't get you anymore than $6k.
If you have already earned a cert prior to August, the most you will get is a cert good until Feb 28, no matter how much over $6k you spend.
It contradicts what Chase told me, but Chase doesn't issue the certs. Fairmont does.
And the letter didn't really address this issue clearly at all.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:53 pm

She quoted three sentences directly from the letter.
She addressed my question perfectly. Chase gave me bad info through their secure messaging system.
I've spent at least $7k, so I will stop now, because another $5k gets me nothing more.
You can argue that Chase said otherwise, but Fairmont doesn't have to go along with what Chase says.

BTW: August '18 would not be 12 months, if you don't get the cert until Oct '17.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Chase doesn't issue the certs. Fairmont does.
I don't think that's true. Chase buys the certficates from Fairmont and issues them to the people who they believe have earned them.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I don't think that's true. Chase buys the certficates from Fairmont and issues them to the people who they believe have earned them.
Afraid not.
Anytime I've ever had a problem with a certificate, I've had to deal with Fairmont, not Chase. And Fairmont was always more knowledgeable than Chase.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:18 pm

Just pass 6k last Saturday. Hope cert can come earlier.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Afraid not.
There's no need to be afraid. My experiences are exactly the opposite of yours, but it's pretty insignificant either way.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by khlay
Just pass 6k last Saturday. Hope cert can come earlier.
I doubt it. I passed $12k long ago and nada. I SM'd Chase a month ago just to confirm I had hit the $12k and they said nothing would be done until Aug 14.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
I doubt it. I passed $12k long ago and nada. I SM'd Chase a month ago just to confirm I had hit the $12k and they said nothing would be done until Aug 14.

All I hope is earlier than mid Oct. 8/14 will be perfect!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:54 am

Chase still insists I can get a cert good for a year, if I spend $12k by the 14th.
Since my cert is good until the end of June, that would be nice, rather than having to use by Feb 28.
Well, I guess if I can find something to spend another $4-5k on, I'll put it on this card, and see what happens.
I'm hoping that if Fairmont doesn't agree w/Chase, they'll at least make the cert good for as long as my other one.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:01 am

Wish we could petition Fairmont / Chase to extend the lifetime of the certs, for those of us who only needed to meet the 6K spend. I'll be able to use one cert around Thanksgiving, but no opportunities to use the other by the deadline of Feb 28th. I don't have 6K of spend between now and the 8/14 to extend my certs. Also hope they don't drag their feet issuing the certs. What was it, 4 to 8 weeks *after* 8/14? Will be good to see data points here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.