Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
I don't see us getting another certificate on March 1, as the card will be a Sapphire preferred card by that juncture. Chase obviously wants to wrap up the Fairmont program.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was referring to the FPC program in general in regards to my prediction that FPC will offer 2018 certs next year for FPC elites. I was not referring to credit card certs. I agree with you there will be no more Chase Free Night certs given out after the batch given out 8-10 weeks after 8/15/17.

I do think it's very admirable of them to allow those of us who have a renewal after August to still be able to earn a free night even though we haven't had our anniversary yet.
I agree it is admirable, but I think that really was their only option based on the promises they made when we opened our Chase Fairmont Visas. There would have been a class-action (or thousands of arbitration claims) against Chase if they tried to stiff us out of the free night that we already spent $12k to earn.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by curl
Also, ... are Chase Sapphire Points?

Also, also, why did they just charge me the annual fee for a card that is going away in 2 months??
They are Chase Ultimate Rewards pts, and in fact they are worth at least 25-50% MORE (depending on if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserved card and/or transfer your UR pts into Hyatt/UAL pts) than the Fairmont/Chase "Funny Money" pts, that were really only worth 1% back. They charged you the $95 annual fee because they are converting you into another Chase card with an identical $95 annual fee. I would assume if you don't want the Sapphire Preferred then you can probably get a refund of your annual fee (or at least a pro-rated refund).
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:29 pm

So if we have never had the Sapphire Preferred card, will we be eligible to get the 50k points with a $4k spend as if we applied for it through regular channels? (https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...hire-preferred) If not, wouldn't I be better off canceling the Fairmont card now and applying separately for CSP?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by nock
So if we have never had the Sapphire Preferred card, will we be eligible to get the 50k points with a $4k spend as if we applied for it through regular channels?
If they convert your card, I'd be pretty sure you would not get any signup bonus.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
So if we have never had the Sapphire Preferred card, wouldn't I be better off canceling the Fairmont card now and applying separately for CSP?
No just apply for the CSP now, and when they PC your Fairmont, get a Freedom.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:29 am

Hmmm. So I just applied for CSP and got a mail decision. Not sure if this has something to do with the Fairmont card stuff or the fact that I recently received a Hyatt card (not expecting Fairmont to go bye bye). I have excellent credit and have a high income. What happens if I get the letter stating they are converting my Fairmont to CSP in the meantime?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:15 am

Hmmm. So I just applied for CSP and got a mail decision. Not sure if this has something to do with the Fairmont card stuff or the fact that I recently received a Hyatt card (not expecting Fairmont to go bye bye). I have excellent credit and have a high income. What happens if I get the letter stating they are converting my Fairmont to CSP in the meantime?
Are you over 5/24?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by curl
Noooooooooooooooo!!!! I just opened my mail and I'm SO disappointed. Fairmont, you make me sad.

Also, ... are Chase Sapphire Points?

Also, also, why did they just charge me the annual fee for a card that is going away in 2 months??
If it were me, I'd pay the $95, charge $12K or $6K by the August deadline in order to receive another free night, convert/redeem the Ultimate Rewards points when the card is converted to a CSP, and then call to see about a refund/credit of some sorts for the annual fee since a CSP may not be something you are interested in.

The only caveat is that I would call to make sure that you would be entitled to another certificate if you meet the August spending requirement.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:04 am

Ok, so this is embarrassing but I cannot see anywhere on the Fairmont site how many Fairmont points I have. Where should i be looking?

Also-if we use free nights after card expires, do the dining certs still apply?

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by trey
Ok, so this is embarrassing but I cannot see anywhere on the Fairmont site how many Fairmont points I have. Where should i be looking?

Also-if we use free nights after card expires, do the dining certs still apply?

Thanks
You have to go into your Chase online account for the Fairmont card. Click on something called Fairmont Rewards. On the right in my area. (they have a few different interfaces, so YMMV, but just look around).

Then you can click on "Redeem Rewards" and you can play around with what you can get under the current program. Not all that impressive. Thinking I'm better off with Chase Ultimate Rewards since I have a Sapphire Reserve and can get 1.5X for this Fairmont points after the card exchange.

However, I'm still annoyed about them giving me a Sapphire Preferred, since I really wanted to get those 50K bonus points by applying myself.

Curious to see what happens if you just apply for the Sapphire Preferred separately.

Personally, I think this sucks.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I'm going to have to call, I guess. I don't want the Preferred, at least not without the sign up bonus. And I don't have another UR card so I can't hold any UR points if they convert. This just blows.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I'm going to have to call, I guess. I don't want the Preferred, at least not without the sign up bonus, which I had planned to get next year. And I don't have another UR card so I can't hold any UR points if they convert. This just blows.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
I'm going to have to call, I guess. I don't want the Preferred, at least not without the sign up bonus, which I had planned to get next year. And I don't have another UR card so I can't hold any UR points if they convert. This just blows.
You can downgrade to a Freedom card and use the UR points.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by trey
You can downgrade to a Freedom card and use the UR points.
I know little about the UR cards so I will have to do some serious reading today. From what you've said, I wonder if they will convert my Fairmont card to a Freedom instead of a CSP? I'm sure I'll miss out on a sign up bonus there as well but at least I won't lose the UR points.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:20 pm

Are you over 5/24?
No. I don't even have a total of 5 chase cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.