Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ecgz88
How do I check multi nights which category room is available at once?

I checked for Lake Louise and Banff all Aug basic room is gone, is it normal?
Sadly, yes, that's fairly standard. And there's no way to check availability for a month at a time or similar.

The issue with the Rocky Mountain properties basically is that tour operators block most/all entry-level rooms, and sometimes availability is released closer in. So it's definitely worth checking availability on a regular basis, but it's unfortunately rather time-consuming.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:35 am

anniversary nights

I've used my two free night certs from the card, and am hoping to earn two free nights at the Lake Louise property. The only way to do this is to hit $12k spend for one night, and then hope to have 35,000 Fairmont points for the second night, right?

If I used a rewards night and an anniversary night, can I then use the third free night certificate?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eurotraveler28
I've used my two free night certs from the card, and am hoping to earn two free nights at the Lake Louise property. The only way to do this is to hit $12k spend for one night, and then hope to have 35,000 Fairmont points for the second night, right?

If I used a rewards night and an anniversary night, can I then use the third free night certificate?
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Unfortunately no; you actually have to pay for the first two nights when using a 3rd night free cert.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Unfortunately no; you actually have to pay for the first two nights when using a 3rd night free cert.
Thanks for the response! I'm excited to have stumbled upon Flyertalk.

Booking two nights through the Chase UR portal would count as a paid stay, right? Thanks again.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eurotraveler28
Thanks for the response! I'm excited to have stumbled upon Flyertalk.

Booking two nights through the Chase UR portal would count as a paid stay, right? Thanks again.
If those are paid nights (not using some form of points), yes. Btw, you'd generally book a 3 night stay and then apply the 3rd night (vs. booking two nights and trying to add the 3rd night free cert)
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
If those are paid nights (not using some form of points), yes. Btw, you'd generally book a 3 night stay and then apply the 3rd night (vs. booking two nights and trying to add the 3rd night free cert)
I think he means booking a cash rate with UR points through Chase. It'll be a cash rate booking but through a TA. And hotels can't tell the difference whether it was booked with UR or credit card.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:08 pm

Hi, so I'm looking right now at a Fairmont in Europe where the paid rate is 3300 (!!!!!) EUR per night. But a "Fairmont" room is available. I saw upthread that the Chase free nights can be applied to a "Fairmont" room. Does that mean I can apply the free nights to those rooms that would otherwise cost me 6600 EUR (!!!!)? Just wondering. Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crimson12
Hi, so I'm looking right now at a Fairmont in Europe where the paid rate is 3300 (!!!!!) EUR per night. But a "Fairmont" room is available. I saw upthread that the Chase free nights can be applied to a "Fairmont" room. Does that mean I can apply the free nights to those rooms that would otherwise cost me 6600 EUR (!!!!)? Just wondering. Thanks!
Yes, unless those dates are blacked out (see here). Given the ridiculously high rates, I'd be quite surprised if your dates weren't blacked out.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Which property are you looking at? I've seen some crazy rates before, but 3,300 EUR for just a basic Fairmont room is insane. A big suite, sure, but a base level room?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:23 am

EDITED.

Yes, it's a Fairmont Level room, but yes, it's not on the blackout list.

It's the Fairmont Monte Carlo around May 25-28 during the Monaco Grand Prix:

Initially I thought it was not on the blackout list, but I was looking under the "Hotels" section, not the "Resorts" section. Too bad.

https://www.fairmont.com/fpc/limitedaccess/
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:04 pm

Quick question. If I cancel my Fairmont Chase card, are my two free nights still good? Along with the suite upgrade certificate?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
EDITED.

It's the Fairmont Monte Carlo around May 25-28 during the Monaco Grand Prix:

Initially I thought it was not on the blackout list, but I was looking under the "Hotels" section, not the "Resorts" section. Too bad.

https://www.fairmont.com/fpc/limitedaccess/
Wow! I paid less than that for a river view suite at the Savoy. And this is for a basic Fairmont room. I guess it is the biggest event in Monte Carlo, but that's still a heck of a lot to pay. If by mistake they ever missed blacking out those dates, that would probably be the best FPC cert value ever.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by rlee1180
Quick question. If I cancel my Fairmont Chase card, are my two free nights still good? Along with the suite upgrade certificate?
I was in a similar situation, as my annual fee billed after my first year. While I used my two free nights, I had earned my annual free night. With the elimination of the Fairmont Visa for new applicants, I was on the fence as to what to do with the card, as it may likely not be around in a year. However, I was told by others on FT that Chase or Fairmont will likely not claw back the free night. Given that a free night at the Plaza can be worth around $1K, I decided to just pay the annual fee. Why risk it.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Personally, I think this Fairmont CC is a hidden gem and a keeper. Really not sure why anyone would cancel the card, especially since it is DEAD, and thus unchurnable. The value you can get out of it is much greater than the $95 AF. I mean, the dining certs are already $50 (let's value it at $25). So to me I see the AF as $70 but you are getting 3rd nt free and suite upg cert (for 5 nts). If you are able to make use of it once a year (ideally) it would be pretty nice. Even if used every other year, the value saved definitely surpasses "$140". But to each and their own.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Personally, I think this Fairmont CC is a hidden gem and a keeper. Really not sure why anyone would cancel the card, especially since it is DEAD, and thus unchurnable. The value you can get out of it is much greater than the $95 AF. I mean, the dining certs are already $50 (let's value it at $25). So to me I see the AF as $70 but you are getting 3rd nt free and suite upg cert (for 5 nts). If you are able to make use of it once a year (ideally) it would be pretty nice. Even if used every other year, the value saved definitely surpasses "$140". But to each and their own.
I completely agree. I sock-drawered the card for now, as my annual fee doesn't hit until the fall. If it looks like Chase will keep the card around, I'll charge the $12K for a free night prior to the renewal. I'm suspecting that we'll receive notification one of these days that it will be converted to an Ultimate Rewards card, however. We shall see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.