Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
$12k spend getting a free night is no longer called out as a benefit in the linked document. I've sent a secure message to Chase to ask if this benefit is gone as well.

If it's gone, so is my usage of this card.
This would be bad for the people like myself that have worked on getting our free night under the current understanding that it was still a benefit.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:54 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I don't think they can change terms of the card without notification. But if true maybe they are doing this in order to kill the card prematurely.

I suspect the free night still exists however.

Maybe they can roll out an Accor card when the programs merge.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Maybe they can roll out an Accor card when the programs merge.
Accor has a partnership with MasterCard, so that would probably be the card. I only know of one Chase MasterCard, so there is a precedent, but not a whole lot.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:14 am

anyone know if the 3k spend for the sign up bonus counts towards the 12k total for the free night cert?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
anyone know if the 3k spend for the sign up bonus counts towards the 12k total for the free night cert?
Yes, and yes.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:20 am

Is there any concern that for new card holders the ability to redeem free nights might not be available for a full year because of the merger?

My situation is that i want to use the certs next April and am waiting till the end of the 90 days to meet the 3k spend.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by trey
Is there any concern that for new card holders the ability to redeem free nights might not be available for a full year because of the merger?

My situation is that i want to use the certs next April and am waiting till the end of the 90 days to meet the 3k spend.
Since it's a published credit card benefit (not just a loyalty program benefit) I'd argue chances are pretty good the certs will be valid for one year.

If it were Fairmont I'd say chances would be 99%; and while I'm much less confident about Accor's approach to business ethics and customer service, I'd still say the chances are decent.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Abel
Sorry if this has been asked -- I tried searching, but found nothing. I applied for this card without a President's Club # and am wondering how I retrieve my PC # to register online. I figured Chase would assign a number and include it on the card like every other affialiated card I have, but alas, I see no such number on the card. Will I get a welcome package or something via email or US mail? If not, do I contact Fairmont or Chase? Thx in advance!
Also in this same boat. Have you had any luck finding out your FPC number? I was only approved 48 hours ago so not sure if they have even been notified yet. Would like to use the dining certificates at my local Fairmont before the end of the month if possible
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:44 pm

I applied for the card 1/16 and got the pending notice. I've been patiently waiting to hear one way or the other. As it's been more than two weeks, I had prepared myself to be rejected. At time of application, I was 8/24 (5/24 without 3 AU cards) and thought I'd apply since the card was going away and I'm not going to be under 5/24 for more than a year. Today when I logged into my Chase account, I saw that Fairmont had been added to the list of existing cards. Chase moved some credit from two other cards for the CL on the Fairmont card, which I discovered when I paid my other Chase cards. I'm fine with this, as I would have asked to shift some credit in a recon call, had it reached that point. What was a surprise, however, was that Chase would do this without my knowledge. I wonder if this will be explained in the welcome letter when I get the card.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
I don't think they can change terms of the card without notification. But if true maybe they are doing this in order to kill the card prematurely.
I called the other evening and the representative I spoke with said that per the terms and conditions Chase can make a change with at least 45 days notice. I've sock drawered my card, as my renewal is not until the fall. I will only make the $12K in charges (for the annual free night) if we make it closer to the fall, and the benefit still exists.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
I called the other evening and the representative I spoke with said that per the terms and conditions Chase can make a change with at least 45 days notice. I've sock drawered my card, as my renewal is not until the fall. I will only make the $12K in charges (for the annual free night) if we make it closer to the fall, and the benefit still exists.
I wonder if that is true for those of us who just applied? Does the CARD Act only prevent them from changing T&C's related to annual fee, FTF, interest rates, etc. for 1 year? Or is it all card benefits?

I thought Citi gave one year notice of the Prestige devaluation so that everyone signing up for the card would have the previous benefits (Admiral's Club, golf, etc.) for a full year after signing up.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bodiddely
Does the CARD Act only prevent them from changing T&C's related to annual fee, FTF, interest rates, etc. for 1 year? Or is it all card benefits?
I doubt travel benefits are included, and don't count on that Act remaining in force for much longer.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
NEWS FLASH! Esp. for Nirvana91 & Gnomey! Availability has opened up at the Banff Springs for award rooms this summer! I just reserved Aug. 28--Sep. 1, intending to narrow it down to 2 nights.
But we've gotta use room or suite upgrades, as the Fairmont Rooms are tiny at 15m^2 !
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:39 pm

This seems like a basic question, but I haven't found the answer - between Mrs. Ops5 and I we have 4 of the $25 USD Dining/Willow Stream Certificates in our accounts. Can these be used all at once or are they somehow limited (1 per night, 1 or 2 per meal, etc)?

Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Brendan
NEWS FLASH! Esp. for Nirvana91 & Gnomey! Availability has opened up at the Banff Springs for award rooms this summer! I just reserved Aug. 28--Sep. 1, intending to narrow it down to 2 nights.
But we've gotta use room or suite upgrades, as the Fairmont Rooms are tiny at 15m^2 !
Nice. Use your suite upgrade at Banff, not the room upgrade. Great value there. You're not limited to Junior Suites. Can have Jr. Suite, Stanley Thompson Suite, or main building One Bedroom King Suites (best option). It's still available for your dates, so I suggest upgrading to that suite category while it's still there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.