Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
When the Fairmont card initially came out they offered platinum members a special charter membership status that would have special annual benefits. Have their been any unique benefits that anyone is aware of?
I believe the only thing the Charter Membership got us is the 2 extra Free Gold Floor upgrade certs as well as an extra $150 in F&B/spa certs upon card signup. I don't recall them promising extra perks yearly on a continuing basis.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:50 am

Wife applied last night and was auto-approved with a $22k CL.

TU FAKO of 775. Homemaker.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:58 pm

I received the card early last year. I also had 5 stays last year and so earned premier by stay activity by virtue of the card. My certificates (both my President's Club and my free night visa cert) have posted, and it does not appear that I have received a gold upgrade cert.

I had posted above a question whether a cardholder making premier on stays would receive the gold cert the next year. The T&C were not particularly clear. While it may still post in the future, it appears the answer is no, in my case. If it hasn't posted by the end of March, I may contact Fairmont.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lkar
While it may still post in the future, it appears the answer is no, in my case. If it hasn't posted by the end of March, I may contact Fairmont.
Looking at my wife's account, the Visa-related certificates have not yet posted for this year. Last year, they posted on 28 March, and included the Gold Floor upgrade cert.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Looking at my wife's account, the Visa-related certificates have not yet posted for this year. Last year, they posted on 28 March, and included the Gold Floor upgrade cert.
+1. Mine posted the same time last year and have an expiration of March 28 2014.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:35 pm

Maybe it depends on when your card anniversary is? My card anniversary was last month, and my visa cert (the free night for $12k) has already posted. My other visa certs had an expiration date one year from when I got them, which as like Feb. 7 or so. I won't need the gold upgrade until the summer, so I won't worry about it for a couple of months and will post if there is any update.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lkar
Maybe it depends on when your card anniversary is? My card anniversary was last month, and my visa cert (the free night for $12k) has already posted. My other visa certs had an expiration date one year from when I got them, which as like Feb. 7 or so. I won't need the gold upgrade until the summer, so I won't worry about it for a couple of months and will post if there is any update.
The free night posts based on your anniversary date (ours is in June), as do your first set of other certs, but I'm pretty sure the annual $25 restaurant certs and Gold upgrade should post on the fixed schedule.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dropped from Plat to club member despite having a card - shouldn't i have premier?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:11 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by azepine00
Dropped from Plat to club member despite having a card - shouldn't i have premier?
Yes, make sure they have the card noted in your profile.

You may need to contact Chase Card Support as well.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did premiers via credit card get 2014 premier set of dining, suite and room upgrade certs this week?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
Did premiers via credit card get 2014 premier set of dining, suite and room upgrade certs this week?
I didn't. I just got the card recently. I had received the certs that expired Feb 28 and they have now disappeared but the new ones are not there yet. I don't know if a delay is normal.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by aw82
Wife applied last night and was auto-approved with a $22k CL.

TU FAKO of 775. Homemaker.
Cards arrived today in ridiculously fancy packaging. Both cards have "Charter Member" printed below our names. Neither of us has ever stayed at a Fairmont before and it looks like the charter member promo was only back in 2012. Did we somehow get an added benefit with our cards?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by aw82
Did we somehow get an added benefit with our cards?
We've never seen any added benefits.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
We've never seen any added benefits.
Thanks. So maybe its just standard for them to stamp those word on the cards?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maykita
I didn't. I just got the card recently. I had received the certs that expired Feb 28 and they have now disappeared but the new ones are not there yet. I don't know if a delay is normal.
I called them yesterday and they manually updated to premier with certs and everything.
Hopefully the record of 12k spent recently did not get lost...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.