Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:53 am

I'm considering applying for this card to have the certs for use in San Francisco this summer. The terms of the offer allow two adults, but would our child (will be 1 year old by then) be allowed to stay with us?

Would it be better to just not make mention of our child when we book?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:20 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aw82
I'm considering applying for this card to have the certs for use in San Francisco this summer. The terms of the offer allow two adults, but would our child (will be 1 year old by then) be allowed to stay with us?

Would it be better to just not make mention of our child when we book?
They will not charge/have any issue with your infant joining you.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by swdke
Isn't the Fairmont Chase Visa supposed to offer a free night after spending $12,000 on the card in the first 12 months? Has anyone received this yet? If so, when did it post? Does it post to the Fairmont account? Appreciate any info, thanks.
Well today, Feb. 7, I received a letter in the mail from Fairmont, stating "Congratulations! You've earned a one-night stay as a special gift for spending at least $12,000 on your card this past year. Your complimentary night certificates have been automatically added to your Fairmont President's Club online profile. Just log on to Fairmont.com/fpc and click on the 'My certificates' link to view."

I've done that, I've logged in to my President's Club Profile, selected "My Certificates," but there's nothing there.

What's the deal?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by swdke
What's the deal?
Give it some time. Not everything happens instantly.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: AS, DL, AA, AC, BA, UA
Good to hear that an infant will be allowed with the certificates. What about two children, ages 8 & 10 staying with their parents? Put differently, anyone know if they are strict with the two-person rule, or do they really just mean two adults?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by newbie_flyer
Good to hear that an infant will be allowed with the certificates. What about two children, ages 8 & 10 staying with their parents? Put differently, anyone know if they are strict with the two-person rule, or do they really just mean two adults?

Thanks in advance.
As long as the hotel allows 2 adults + 2 children in the room, I doubt you´ll have any issues applying a free night cert. IMO the "valid for 2 adults" clause is just included to cover all room categories at any Fairmont hotel, actual policies at the various hotels may differ.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:17 am

This is probably not card specific, but because of the card I am a premier member now, so I got all the certs for the upgrades and 3rd night free, etc. They expire Feb 28, at which point I assume I just have them refilled with new expire date.

So my question is, if I apply those for a date in the future, my stay coming in September, will they still regen with a Feb 2015 date, or will the certs be used on the day of the stay?

I am not saying that right...I guess, do I need to actually be staying and using the upgrade before Feb 28, or can I apply it now, to a future date, and have the new ones pop up in March? Or will I just have to use the new ones from March in September?

This might all be moot since I don't have my 2 free night certs from my min. spend, so if I don't get those to book before then, who cares...

Thanks

edit: Terms say certificate is redeemed at check-in, so I assume I have to stay somewhere by Feb 28 to use the current ones showing and will use the new ones in September.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by niehaubs
Terms say certificate is redeemed at check-in, so I assume I have to stay somewhere by Feb 28 to use the current ones showing and will use the new ones in September.
Correct.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
By the way, I used my two breakfast certs at fig this morning. Super easy process. Just gave my fairmont number to the server, and he applied the certs after I got the check. Treated my friend to breakfast, and only had to pay for tip out of pocket. Nice restaurant in a nice area.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
I am new to the Fairmont card and just redeemed some credit card points for a Fairmont gift card. Does anyone know if that can be applied to parking charges? I had thought yes but then began to wonder if parking might be handled by a separate operator in some locations. I am staying at Banff and Lake Louise.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:30 am

Parking will be added to your bill, so don't see why you won't be able to pay with the gift card. Lake Louise was very pricey for parking, haven't stayed at Banff. There was a national park lot right nearby too that was free, so may want to check that out.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cme2c
Parking will be added to your bill, so don't see why you won't be able to pay with the gift card. Lake Louise was very pricey for parking, haven't stayed at Banff. There was a national park lot right nearby too that was free, so may want to check that out.
Thanks so much! I will make sure to look for that free lot.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:01 pm

Man... I just noticed my dining certificates expiring at the end of the month for both my wife and I... better try to use them this week. Once they expire they're gone forever, right?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by flo7002
Man... I just noticed my dining certificates expiring at the end of the month for both my wife and I... better try to use them this week. Once they expire they're gone forever, right?
yup. I just used mine for breakfast at the Fairmont Miramar on a trip to LA. Had also considered using them at the Plaza for breakfast. Using the up might be tricky if you don't live near a Fairmont.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
When the Fairmont card initially came out they offered platinum members a special charter membership status that would have special annual benefits. Have their been any unique benefits that anyone is aware of?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.