Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by pandas
Is there a delay in posting sign-up bonus and anniversary free night certs? I don't remember waiting this long. My card anniversary was in mid-December. Confirmed via secure message that I completed the spend requirements in November.

Also waiting for my mum's sign-up bonus. Completed spend on December 30. Hasn't been long but not as fast as adlibitum's. Anxious as it's getting closer to the trip we planned to use them for.

Update: Chase rep had no clue and transferred me to Fairmont rep (happens nearly every time I call Chase to ask about the card's benefits), who said there was a delay over the holidays. Received Chase sign-up bonus the day before statement closed. Still waiting for anniversary cert.
Did you ever get yours? I am on a similar timeline to yours, and mine as still not yet posted. The Chase reps are clueless and just keep sending me to Fairmont, saying it's Fairmont's problem. I'll give it another four weeks, and then I'm closing the card and requesting a refund of my annual fee.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Hi - I just signed up for a Fairmont card and received a suite night certificate that expires on Feb 29th 2016. This looks like a benefit of being a Premier member (which I got via the CC) instead of a direct benefit. I won't have any status due to stays with Fairmont this year. Would it have been a better strategy to apply for his card in March so my suite upgrade would've had a longer expiry? Will I receive any other benefits after Feb 2016 for being a Premier member solely because of the card?

Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by orca1114
Did you ever get yours? I am on a similar timeline to yours, and mine as still not yet posted. The Chase reps are clueless and just keep sending me to Fairmont, saying it's Fairmont's problem. I'll give it another four weeks, and then I'm closing the card and requesting a refund of my annual fee.
If you haven't received your certificate, try emailing Fairmont at the following address: [email protected]. I was successful in getting the free-night certificates for $12k spend for both mine and my wife's account after sending an inquiry to this address.

Good luck!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Duffman
Hi - I just signed up for a Fairmont card and received a suite night certificate that expires on Feb 29th 2016. This looks like a benefit of being a Premier member (which I got via the CC) instead of a direct benefit. I won't have any status due to stays with Fairmont this year. Would it have been a better strategy to apply for his card in March so my suite upgrade would've had a longer expiry? Will I receive any other benefits after Feb 2016 for being a Premier member solely because of the card?

Thanks.
You should receive a new set of certificates at the beginning of March. For the Premier Status via the Chase Fairmont Card, you should get two $25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificates, a 3rd Night Free Certificate, a Room Upgrade Certificate and a Suite Upgrade Certificate.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ceng1
You should receive a new set of certificates at the beginning of March. For the Premier Status via the Chase Fairmont Card, you should get two $25 Dining/Willow Stream Certificates, a 3rd Night Free Certificate, a Room Upgrade Certificate and a Suite Upgrade Certificate.
Awesome! That, combined with a free night after 12k spend, will certainly make this one if the few cards I hang on to.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Duffman

Thanks.
Call the FPC line and ask for an extension. I did that for my first year certs, but I also had confirmed bookings that I was able to apply within a month or two.

I would not expect a six month extension. FPC from what I experienced is generous with a reasonable request. As for benefits, they are for stays. You will get a new batch in March. I did the past year, but I hit Platinum by April and will likely do so again this spring.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:17 pm

I tried to apply for this card but got denied because of too many credit cards opened in the last year. I have great credit and havent opened any chase cards in the last year. I even asked to move credit around. I called 3 different times but they wouldnt budge so pick your Chase card applications wisely.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by giddyforpoints
... haven't opened any Chase cards in the last year.
Check out the Wiki at the top of this post to learn about the "5/24 rule" and its corollaries.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by jmd001
Check out the Wiki at the top of this post to learn about the "5/24 rule" and its corollaries.
Thanks for pointing me in the write direction. This helps!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:05 pm

I got this card for the Mrs and noticed that she didn't get the $25 breakfast vouchers with her free night certificates. Looked at the application again and there is no mention of free breakfast anymore.

The card is still well worth it, especially with first year's fee waived, but just a heads up..
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmd001
5/24 rule is for chase specific cards, cobranded dont have hard rules but chase can still make it a royal pita if it goes to manual review.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:59 pm

This question may have been answered previously (I apologize in advance, just wasn't readily able to find it), but for the free night cert that comes with spending $12k on the card, that 12k, starts being counted from Jan. 1 each year, regardless of when your card anniversary is, correct? Also, does anyone have an idea of whether, like with the free night certs from the sign up bonus, you can reserve a room without the cert and then later convert the night to a free one when the cert posts? Thanks so much in advance!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by DASBOS
for the free night cert that comes with spending $12k on the card, that 12k, starts being counted from Jan. 1 each year, regardless of when your card anniversary is, correct?
No. The $12K is based on your anniversary date.

Originally Posted by DASBOS
does anyone have an idea of whether, like with the free night certs from the sign up bonus, you can reserve a room without the cert and then later convert the night to a free one when the cert posts?
Yes, you can.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:56 am

Great, thanks for the help!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:06 am

Sorry again, but I also realized I forgot to ask whether you might know about the expiration of the annual free night certs. Are they only good for one year or can you carry them over? Since my wife and I have the card we are thinking of collecting the free night certs for 2 years and combining them in to a 4 night stay for a trip we are planning for 2018. Just curious whether the certs would allow us to do that. Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.