Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I just applied on the link and was instantly approved for both my wife and I.

Now in hindsight, the page doesn't show the details about the items for existing platinum members show in the first post. I'm hoping I didn't jump the gun and miss out on these.

Existing Elite members - Premier and Platinum tiers:
1 Complimentary upgrade certificate to Fairmont Gold from a Deluxe room per year.
• 2x $25 ($50) Dining certificates for Premier members.
• 4x $25 ($100) Dining certificates for Platinum members.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:24 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

You are fine. They are included in the offering you applied for.

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
I just applied on the link and was instantly approved for both my wife and I.

Now in hindsight, the page doesn't show the details about the items for existing platinum members show in the first post. I'm hoping I didn't jump the gun and miss out on these.

Existing Elite members - Premier and Platinum tiers:
1 Complimentary upgrade certificate to Fairmont Gold from a Deluxe room per year.
• 2x $25 ($50) Dining certificates for Premier members.
• 4x $25 ($100) Dining certificates for Platinum members.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:54 am

Reading through the offer, I did not see how long the two complimentary night certificates with breakfast are valid for...

I assume they expire in 1 year - can anybody confirm?
Old May 10, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
The spend rewards don't seem that great. You can buy ovation certificates (standard) for:

A = $225
B = $289
C = $380
D = $602

If you're looking to redeem for ovation certificates, it doesn't look like you'll even get 1c per point. I didn't look at the prices for the suites and Gold certificates, but I'm certain they won't bring the value over 2c per point. Am I missing something?

Looks like this might be a card destined to be held until the annual fee hits, then cancelled.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Reading through the offer, I did not see how long the two complimentary night certificates with breakfast are valid for...

I assume they expire in 1 year - can anybody confirm?
I can't confirm, but I'm guessing they're ovation certificates, which don't carry an expiration date.

EDIT: I'm wrong, from T&Cs

If permitted by law, certificates will expire within one year of date of issue.

http://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/Promot...Conditions.htm

Last edited by RewardTraveler; May 10, 2012 at 10:03 am
Old May 10, 2012, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by RewardTraveler
If permitted by law, certificates will expire within one year of date of issue.

http://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/Promot...Conditions.htm
That is some interesting language...

'Will expire within one year of date of issue' - Almost makes it sound like they could expire in less than one year.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:34 am

The spend rewards don't seem that great. You can buy ovation certificates (standard) for:

A = $225
B = $289
C = $380
D = $602

If you're looking to redeem for ovation certificates, it doesn't look like you'll even get 1c per point. I didn't look at the prices for the suites and Gold certificates, but I'm certain they won't bring the value over 2c per point. Am I missing something?

Looks like this might be a card destined to be held until the annual fee hits, then cancelled.
Well if keep the card, you are getting a free night each year and 100 in certs + Lounge and Gold Upgrade, it pays off the annual fee. (Not even considering the points, which I will cash in for Gift Cards)
Old May 10, 2012, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Well if keep the card, you are getting a free night each year and 100 in certs + Lounge and Gold Upgrade, it pays off the annual fee. (Not even considering the points, which I will cash in for Gift Cards)
To get the free night you need to put $12,000 on the card. Assuming most can get, say, 2.5c of value out of an SPG point, this translates to an embedded cost of $180 ($300 in SPG points - $120 in gift cards).

This ignores the fact that many like their spend to go toward aspirational redemptions. One night at a Fairmont anywhere in the world is nice, but I can't plan a vacation around it. Since the nights expire after one year, I can't save them up over a few years either to take a great vacation.

The dining certificates are great assuming your stays are for pleasure instead of business, but as a Premier I'd only be eligible for $50 and many applying for the card, $0. Nonetheless, a nice benefit combined with the Gold if you stay at Fairmonts a few times a year.

The lounge access brings another potential $50 in value.

I concede that for some this card will be worthwhile on an ongoing basis (those already logging many nights in Fairmonts), but given the amount of work it takes to get full value out of it, I foresee most dropping it before the AF hits.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:54 am

RT, good analysis.

For me and other's living or visiting near Fairmont Destinations, this is the card to go to. I am a Platinum so already get 1 free night, in addition to these great new benefits.

In a typical year between my spouse, family and myself we will stay 40-60 nights at a fairmont collectively, so the ability to share certs amongst a family also has it's additional value.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:49 pm

So, does anyone know if the Ovation certs are valid at either The Plaza or the Savoy?
Old May 10, 2012, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bombnthud
So, does anyone know if the Ovation certs are valid at either The Plaza or the Savoy?
Yes, category D ovation certs can be used at the Plaza and the Savoy.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

A = $225
B = $289
C = $380
D = $602
Where can you buy ovation certs for your own use? I thought they could only be bought by companies and travel agents as ncentives for empoyees/customers.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Where can you buy ovation certs for your own use? I thought they could only be bought by companies and travel agents as ncentives for empoyees/customers.
Various travel agents online will sell them. Or if you have access to corp HR reward programs
Old May 10, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 2P
This press release mentions a Charter Member Offer expiring July 31, 2012 for existing Premier/Platinum of:

* 2 Gold upgrades
* Extra $150 dining certificates

Does anyone know anything more about that? I don't see this offer showing up anywhere else.
Old May 10, 2012, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I was looking here for my prices...

http://www.onlythebestgifts.com/fair...d-certificate/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.