Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:17 pm

I think you will be cutting close on the certs. It may not register until the statement date. Are there any refundable rooms that weekend? You should be able to book a fairmont room now and apply the certs when they come. If they don't come, you could cancel the reservation by the cancellation date. You do not have to apply the certs at the time of the reservation. As long as you book a Fairmont room you should be good.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cme2c
You do not have to apply the certs at the time of the reservation. As long as you book a Fairmont room you should be good.
Interesting. I did not know that. That is great. Thank you! There is refundable room availability as well. This helps my cause in a big way.

So my question now is:
(i) Do you think there is risk I will not get the certificate in time? I just activated the card today, and they say my first statement cycle ends in mid-August! (Not even mid-July).
(i) How does one learn in advance whether there are any limitations to using the certs? No blackout days etc.?
(ii) should I book the refundable rooms at the normal rate or the non-refundable rate which is lower $, but a free 3rd night. (I realize this is a personal preference question at this point, but curious if there was an angle here.. from what I have read, can't use the certs for qualifying nights to get a free night -- which is fair/makes sense).

Last edited by shanshan; Jun 19, 2013 at 9:38 pm
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shanshan
... When do you folks think I will get the e-certs, ...
My personal experience: As shown on "My Certificates" tab of my online President's Club account, the "Issue Date" for the two free nights was 4 calendar days after I exceeded the $1K spending requirement.

Date of exceeding the spend threshold is based on watching my VISA account balance on the Chase.com web site.

This experience was back in April. Also see Post #457 for my original post about my experience.

Note that in that post, I refer to "paper certs" (received 7 days after the spend threshold was achieved). Yes, I did receive paper certs. After receiving the paper certs, I logged into my President's Club account and saw that all the certs were there electronically as well.

Based on everything I've read, I never should have gotten the paper certs. Paper certs supposedly were discontinued at start of 2013. The certs should have been only electronic. But I did get both. I don't expect to be able to use both the paper and the electronic certs, but who knows ...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by shanshan
(i) Do you think there is risk I will not get the certificate in time? I just activated the card today, and they say my first statement cycle ends in mid-August! (Not even mid-July).
(i) How does one learn in advance whether there are any limitations to using the certs? No blackout days etc.?
(ii) should I book the refundable rooms at the normal rate or the non-refundable rate which is lower $, but a free 3rd night. (I realize this is a personal preference question at this point, but curious if there was an angle here.. from what I have read, can't use the certs for qualifying nights to get a free night -- which is fair/makes sense).
Based on jmd's recent experience you may have a better chance than I thought. I'm not 100% sure the blackout dates are the same, but the link below is the blackout dates for the other Premier/Plat certificates. Otherwise,as long as you get a fairmont room booked you should be good. I would book the refundable room. Like you pointed out they won't let you book a 3 night , 3rd night free reservation and use the 2 certs to get 3 nights total free. They should let you book a 5 night reservation, pay 2 nights, get 1 free, use 2 free certs. You could still use an upgrade certificate for the whole 5 nights.

https://www.fairmont.com/fpc/limitedaccess/
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Could Shanshan pay money on the B2G1 rate + use his 3rd night free cert. for the 4th night?
If he has more time, he can also go to Calgary Stampede before/ after Banff. It's a combo State (OK, Provincial) Fair & rodeo. This year's dates are July 4--14, but hotels are probably impossible to get on such short notice!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Could Shanshan pay money on the B2G1 rate + use his 3rd night free cert. for the 4th night?
If he has more time, he can also go to Calgary Stampede before/ after Banff. It's a combo State (OK, Provincial) Fair & rodeo. This year's dates are July 4--14, but hotels are probably impossible to get on such short notice!
Already booked Calgary Sheraton 1 night on cash/n/points
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
Don't think he could use the 3rd night free in that situation, but I would probably try
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:51 pm

My qualifying charge is still "pending"!

Let's see. I will post everyone on how this ends up.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Just found out that this card provides primary rental insurance. This card is a keeper even without it but that's another great benefit esp since you get 2x rewards.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:58 am

Can someone explain how the card works in terms of the 2 free nights? Once you spend the money, how long does it take to get a certificate or whatever you need. Do they limit the redemptions of the cert in any way other than blackout dates? I'm looking at Mayakoba in February. I wouldn't want to go to the hassle of getting the card only to find out that the one room they allocate for the certificate is already taken.

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by farbster
Can someone explain how the card works in terms of the 2 free nights? Once you spend the money, how long does it take to get a certificate or whatever you need. Do they limit the redemptions of the cert in any way other than blackout dates? I'm looking at Mayakoba in February. I wouldn't want to go to the hassle of getting the card only to find out that the one room they allocate for the certificate is already taken.

Thanks!
There are no capacity controls except at the Plaza and the Savoy. As long as a Fairmont room is available and the date isn´t blacked out you can use your free night cert.

The free night certs are deposited in your online account and can be redeemed electronically, no need to wait for any paper certs.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Has anybody received their free anniversary night e-cert yet??
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: FPC Platinum, Aeroplan
Curious if anyone has used the gold upgrade in Scottsdale? I have never been there before but I see the gold options are only Jr Suites and Master Suites, they don't have gold rooms. If anyone has had any luck using the gold upgrade for one of these rooms please let me know, thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by optimas
Curious if anyone has used the gold upgrade in Scottsdale? I have never been there before but I see the gold options are only Jr Suites and Master Suites, they don't have gold rooms. If anyone has had any luck using the gold upgrade for one of these rooms please let me know, thanks!
Used them in December without problems.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: FPC Platinum, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by cme2c
Used them in December without problems.
Thanks for letting me know! What gold room did you get, the Jr suite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.