Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
So much confusion about these spending certificates.

Fairmont rep told me that both the $6k and $12k spending certs will expire Feb 28, no exceptions.

Chase rep told me that both the $6k and $12k spending certs will expire a year from issue, and the determination for whether you have to spend $6k or $12k is based on when your card was issued and how much time you've had to meet the spending requirement. Less than 6 months=$6k=free night exp 1 year from issue; more than 6 months=$12k=free night exp 1 year from issue. The Chase rep did not mention the Feb 28 expiry date at all.

I made a note of the date and time of my call to Chase...could be worth the fight.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by orca1114
I made a note of the date and time of my call to Chase...could be worth the fight.
Communicating with Chase should always be through their secure messaging system. That's where they seem to put their best people, and you have a complete record in writing.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Wishful thinking here, but I hope that perhaps another bank like Citi would offer the Fairmont card with two free nights in the near future.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:03 pm

Anybody received the FN yet for spending $6K per yr (before conversion to CSP)? I know Chase said we will only be receiving it weeks after mid-Aug, but wondering if anyone got the FN reflected in Fairmont acc already.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by orca1114
So much confusion about these spending certificates.

Fairmont rep told me that both the $6k and $12k spending certs will expire Feb 28, no exceptions.

Chase rep told me that both the $6k and $12k spending certs will expire a year from issue, and the determination for whether you have to spend $6k or $12k is based on when your card was issued and how much time you've had to meet the spending requirement. Less than 6 months=$6k=free night exp 1 year from issue; more than 6 months=$12k=free night exp 1 year from issue. The Chase rep did not mention the Feb 28 expiry date at all.

These "Chase" Fairmont reps are all making it up as they go along.

The letter I received, and everyone else did too, regarding the Card complimentary night specifically details:

"The Fairmont Visa Signature Card Complimentary Night benefit that you receive after spending $12,000 on your card in an anniversary year is not a benefit of the Sapphire Preferred card. If you've spent at least $12,000 by August 14, we will deposit a Complimentary Night certificate into your profile on Fairmont.com either six weeks after your anniversary date or 8 to 10 weeks after August 15, whichever comes first. You can redeem this certificate up to one year after the date we issue it."

I expect this certificate to be good for an entire year.

Keep in mind this only applies to people who complete their year by August 14th. That doesn't apply to everyone. However, it applies to me.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by express3
Wishful thinking here, but I hope that perhaps another bank like Citi would offer the Fairmont card with two free nights in the near future.
It would be nice, however I'm not counting on it. Accor bought Fairmont. They have other hotels (like the Pullman Hotels, Swissotels, Raffles, Sofitel, among others which are quite lovely, and they don't have a credit card for them). Accor has their own loyalty program, Fairmont is listed along with all their other hotels now.

I've had a membership for awhile, and the only benefit I've used is free internet. However, I'm not staying in these properties enough, but so far seems like you might be able to get a free drink...

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclu...-program.shtml

Last edited by lbotez; Jul 22, 2017 at 8:20 am
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Does anybody else suspect, as I do, that the "8 to 10 weeks after August 15" clause is to cover Chase's butt in case of delays? I bet Chase will deposit the $12K cert. earlier than the promised Oct. 10--24, just as we have often received our annual free nights from all Chase hotel cards "early!"
BTW, I have just hit my $15K spend to lock in my 2 Night Credits, just in case I stay 8 nights at Fairmonts this year &or my award nights count by "mistake !"
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Anybody received the FN yet for spending $6K per yr (before conversion to CSP)? I know Chase said we will only be receiving it weeks after mid-Aug, but wondering if anyone got the FN reflected in Fairmont acc already.
Unlikely, Chase might think you will spend 12k to get a "normal" cert.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I SM'd Chase about the differing information people are getting regarding the validity of the free night cert with the $6k/$12k spend. Their answer was clear and matched exactly what the letter said. It also seems clear, at least to me, that it is one or the other - a free night for either $6k spend or $12k spend, but not both. It will be interesting to see if anyone with an anniversary date in the summer and meets both spends actually receives 2 free nights. Here are the relevant paragraphs from the response I got (my anniversary date is Feb 11):

Hello Finkface,

Thank you for contacting Chase regarding the Complimentary
Night certificate for your Fairmont Visa Signature® Card
account ending in XXXX. I will be happy to review your
inquiry.

If you've spent at least $12,000 between February 11,
2017, and August 14, 2017, we will deposit a
Complimentary Night certificate into your profile on
Fairmont.com 8 to 10 weeks after August 15, 2017. You can
redeem this certificate up to one year after the date we
issue it.

Since you do not have the full 12 months to meet the
spending, Chase will give you the Complimentary Night
certificate if you have spent at least $6,000 on your
Fairmont card between February 11, 2017, and August 14,
2017. This will be a one-time courtesy. We'll deposit the
certificate into your profile on Fairmont.com within 8 to
10 weeks, but it will only be valid until February 28,

Thank you,

XXXXX
Chase Email Servicing
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by lbotez
It would be nice, however I'm not counting on it. Accor bought Fairmont. They have other hotels (like the Pullman Hotels, Swissotels, Raffles, Sofitel, among others which are quite lovely, and they don't have a credit card for them). Accor has their own loyalty program, Fairmont is listed along with all their other hotels now.

I've had a membership for awhile, and the only benefit I've used is free internet. However, I'm not staying in these properties enough, but so far seems like you might be able to get a free drink...

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclu...-program.shtml

I wasn't aware of this
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Finkface
It also seems clear, at least to me, that it is one or the other - a free night for either $6k spend or $12k spend, but not both.

It will be interesting to see if anyone with an anniversary date in the summer and meets both spends actually receives 2 free nights.
$6,000 to $11,999 gets one night until February 2018.

$12,000 plus gets one night until August 2018.

Nobody is getting two nights. $18k spend gets one night.

You were clear in the beginning of your post, but by the time you finished you were confused again.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
6-8 weeks after Aug 14. meaning mid-Oct. meaning 4 months to use the cert. what a crock of sh*t. i let them know that on a secure message earlier, too... like that will get me anywhere.

any luck in being able to apply one of these to an OLD reservation? i'd really like to have mine by sept 4 but i dont see that happening.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by mhdena

You were clear in the beginning of your post, but by the time you finished you were confused again.
I'm clear on my own situation with a Feb anniversary date. This was in response to those who were saying they had been told by Chase reps that the certs would only be good until the end of Feb regardless of $6k/$12k spend despite the letter saying otherwise.

What I was referring to are those who have an anniversary date in the summer, let's say June (after the announcement). They make the $12k spend and get their free night cert. Some are questioning if they make another $6k or $12k spend before Aug 14, will they get a second free night as they are in a new annual period.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Finkface
Some are questioning if they make another $6k or $12k spend before Aug 14, will they get a second free night as they are in a new annual period.
No

One or the other.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by mhdena

Except that some will get 2 nights, in a way. My anniversary date was in May, so I got a cert recently, that is good until the end of June, 2018.
Now, I am working on either a 6k or 12k spend, to get another cert.

What is not clear is if I will get a cert good for a year, if I spend 12k. If not, no use in spending more than 6k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.