Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
I know little about the UR cards so I will have to do some serious reading today. From what you've said, I wonder if they will convert my Fairmont card to a Freedom instead of a CSP? I'm sure I'll miss out on a sign up bonus there as well but at least I won't lose the UR points.
The Sapphire Preferred has the same fee as the Fairmont card. I think that is why they are converting to it. If your card is less than a year old it may not be eligible for a product change, but that should change after the first anniversary.

Is your card over a year old or did you get it in January?

At a minimum, after the first annual fee, you can PC it to a Freedom or a Freedom Unlimited that have no annual fee and they will 'hold' your UR points.

This is a good thing. URs are 'much' > Fairmont points.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by nock
No. I don't even have a total of 5 chase cards.

5/24 is all credit cards (that are not store cards [non Visa MC Amex]) and all other revolving lines of credit acquired in the past 24 months must be < 5.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:31 pm

I have 3 in the past 24 months.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:37 pm

I am definitely planning on doing a CSP. I am under 5/24 and have been waiting on that card for a while. Might as well get 50k points if you are going to get the card anyway.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:16 pm

I am pretty happy with this outcome.

- Eliminate a card from my collection (much needed), and an annual fee
- Gain around 100,000 Chase UR in exchange for a (so far, apparently) useless to me currency that I never figured out how to use effectively anyway (Fairmont points)

The first year or two, I spent enough to earn the free night annually.

More recently though, my spend goes on my CSP and my AMEX Everyday (and the Costco card for 4% on gas).

I am more concerned regarding President's Club itself...
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I received a letter from Chase today, telling me they're discontinuing this card. As of August 15, I'll have a Chase Sapphire Preferred.

What really pisses me off is that Fairmont cited my possession of this card as the reason they wouldn't honor the AC Super Elite 3 nights for Platinum deal. Now I don't even have the card.

I haven't spent a dollar at a Fairmont property all year because of that. I suppose I should call them and complain again...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by an mec
The Sapphire Preferred has the same fee as the Fairmont card. I think that is why they are converting to it. If your card is less than a year old it may not be eligible for a product change, but that should change after the first anniversary.

Is your card over a year old or did you get it in January?

At a minimum, after the first annual fee, you can PC it to a Freedom or a Freedom Unlimited that have no annual fee and they will 'hold' your UR points.

This is a good thing. URs are 'much' > Fairmont points.
Not a new card. I have had it about a year and a half now. I plan to call them tomorrow and see if they will down grade to a Freedom Unlimited. I am missing out on the $100 sign up bonus for that but it's still better to save the CSP for a future sign up. The Freedom Unlimited will be a keeper.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
My anniversary date is Aug. 8. I could literally put $6K spend on the card on Aug. 9, if Chase would give me another free night b/c of that. I don't plan on putting 12K on before that to get another free night. Based on the letter they sent out, do you think chase would give me the free night?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Member

Got the card a few years ago. My anniversary date is in Jan.

Planning on calling to clarify a few things:

1) Does this mean I have to spend 6k or 12k to get the free night by 8/14?
2) When will I lose my fairmont status - immediately on 8/14 or at some later date?
3) Can I use the suite upgrade and 3rd night free now for a stay in Dec, or will that disappear on 8/14?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: Everything
Originally Posted by Preacher7
My anniversary date is Aug. 8. I could literally put $6K spend on the card on Aug. 9, if Chase would give me another free night b/c of that. I don't plan on putting 12K on before that to get another free night. Based on the letter they sent out, do you think chase would give me the free night?
As long as your spending occurs between Aug 9 and Aug 14, you should get a second free night certificate.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by manish
Got the card a few years ago. My anniversary date is in Jan.

Planning on calling to clarify a few things:

1) Does this mean I have to spend 6k or 12k to get the free night by 8/14?
2) When will I lose my fairmont status - immediately on 8/14 or at some later date?
3) Can I use the suite upgrade and 3rd night free now for a stay in Dec, or will that disappear on 8/14?
I will also call about these questions, would like to know others' experience

thanks
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
My anniversary date is Aug. 2nd (apparently it's the date you applied, not the date you received the card). Even though I didn't receive the card until September. I sincerely doubt you'll get another free night. It says in the letter (only 1 free night). You probably have to be billed for it before Aug. 14th. Any charge made between your date of Aug. 9 to Aug. 14 will probably be billed to the new card, not the old one.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
"If you don't have a full 12 months to reach $12K, we'll give you the Complimentary Night Certificate if you've spent at least $6,000 on your Fairmont card by August 14th."

This doesn't make sense to me. My anniversary date is 2/17, so I have a little less than 6 months to earn the next certificate. So does that mean I only need $6K? If that's the case then isn't everyone going to have less than 12 months since their last anniversary date??
To get 5 URs for every $1 spent at Fairmont is a great deal, so rack up those points before it goes down with the CSP card.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:50 am

I made a reservation for next April using my free nights and they upgraded it to a suite. Any thoughts on whether the suite part may go away?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Chase is a dumpster fire with this one. I've now paid the annual fee 3x and only received the $12k benefit once. They screwed up their math for last year and I'm STILL fighting with Chase over it... have even had agents tell me I am owed the free night.

Also... I already have a Sapphire card... and a Freedom... they are going to send me another? ... use is that?

Going to redeem my Fairmont points into gift cards, call and cancel... and get them to refund the annual fees.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.